Chapter 6: Hear that

Sin city 2

"That's Trotter over there." Richie points across the room to a older man in a black suit. "He sits there all night. Can't touch him."

"So, what do we do now?" Sam asks.

"Maybe that bartender will know something." Dean gestures to a dark haired girl in a red shirt. Alexis elbows him in the side, glaring at him. Dean lightly nudges her, smiling.

"Easy. Me and her, we got a little something-something lined up for later." Richie says.

"Yeah, right." Dean scoffs.

"Stings, doesn't it? Alright, I gotta hit the head. Release the hostages. Be back in a few." Richie walks off.

"No way he gets a girl like that. I mean, look at her. You could fit that ass on a nickel." Dean groans a little as Alexis elbows him in the side. He rubs his ribcage, giving her a look.

"You think so?" The priest they had questioned earlier says.

Dean laughs a little. "Sorry, Padre."

"Knew you three would find your way here. They all do."

"No offence, but what are you doing here, Father?" Sam asks.

"Like it or not, you go where your flock is."

"Plus the clergy drinks for free." The dark haired girl says, filling the priests glass.

"True. And a certain bartender owes me a confession."

"Not in this lifetime, Father."

"I better see your butt on Sunday." He points at the girl. He stands turning to the hunters. "Nickel or no nickel."

"What can I get you three? Just saying, I make a mean hurricane."

Alexis scoffs. "I'm sure." She mutters.

The bartender shoots her a look before walking off. Dean went to set a hand on her side, but Alexis shoves it away. "I need air." She huffs, walking toward the door.

Before Alexis could open the door an hand grabbed her elbow. She was spun around to face Dean. "Lexi--"

"What? Why don't you go see if that bartender who's ass you could fit on a nickel wants to talk, huh? Cause I don't."

"Oh, come on. That's what this is about? Lexi, its not like I was hitting on her. I wasn't going to either. Darlin', I wouldn't do anything to screw up what we have. Definitely not some random bartender. Promise." Dean holds up his pinkie.

"You're seriously going to make me a pinkie promise? Now?" Alexis asks, her anger slowly melting.

"Come on," Dean lightly pinches her side. "I promise."

Alexis swats at his hand before linking her finger with his. "Fine, you moron. You're lucky you're cute."

Dean pulled her towards him. "Its just you. Promise." Dean whispered, pressing a kiss to her lips. Alexis believed him, she did. With her whole heart. He'd never done anything to hurt her intentionally. Why would he start now?

"Dean, that guy. He's got a gun." Alexis nods toward a man who stood at the pool table.

A gunshot went off as the man shot at another guy. He moved the gun under his chin right as Dean tackled him to the ground. Sam splashed holy water on him.

"What are you doing?" The man yells. "He slept with my wife. The bastard slept with my wife."

"Somebody call 911." Sam calls out.