Chapter 13: You wanna play this game

Fresh blood 2

Alexis looks up when Dean walks in the room. She takes off her glasses, setting them on the table as he takes off his coat.

"Man, I must've checked three dozen motels, empty buildings, warehouses." Dean throws his jacket onto a chair.

"Yeah, me too." Sam sighs.

"Well, I didn't find Gordon, but I did find a pizza place. Ten out of ten." Alexis rests her chin in the palm of her hand.

"Big city." Sam glances at Dean, who now stood in front of the mirror.

"Its like a giant haystack. Gordon's a deadly needle." Dean splashes water on his face before grabbing the towel that hung on the wall. "We're running outta daylight. Without the sun slowing him down--"

"Yeah, he'll be unstoppable." Sam nods.

"Yeah." Dean walks toward the table where Sam and Alexis sat.

"Hey, uh, give me your phone. Both of you." Sam looks between the two.

"What for?"

"You have one of your own." Alexis leans back on her seat, crossing her arms over her chest.

"If Gordon knows our cell numbers he can use cell signal to track us down." Sam explains.

"Oh, yeah. Nice." Dean reaches in his pocket and pulls out his phone, handing it to Sam.

"Yeah." Sam mutters. "Alex? Come on."

"Hold on, Sasquatch. I can't find it." Alexis was digging through her bag, then her coat. She stood up, moving toward a pair of her jeans and a shirt that lay on a chair. "Where the hell did it go?" She mumbles.

Dean walks toward her, slipping his hand in her back pocket and pulling out her cell. "Sweetheart?" He held the phone up as she turned around.

"Oh, thanks." Alexis smiles as Dean tossed the phone to Sam.

After taking out the SD cards, Sam set the phones on the floor, stomping on them.

"Sam, stay here." Dean grabs his coat after letting the curtain fall.

"What? Where you going now?" Sam asks.

Alexis slips on her jacket, and fixes her hair as she moves toward Dean. "Where we headed, Dean?"

Dean pulls out the Colt and the box of bullets. "You, Lexi, are staying here. I'm going after Gordon."

"What?" Sam asks.

"Hell no." Alexis scoffs. "Either I go with you, or you don't go."

"You heard me."

"Alex is right. Not alone, you're not."

"Sam, I don't need a permission slip, okay?"

"I beg to differ." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

Dean gives her a look. "He's after you two, not me, and he's turbocharged."

"And that's exactly why you're not going alone, Dean." Alexis argues. "That would be a horrible death to die, especially alone."

Dean stood up, moving toward Alexis. She looks up at him as he towers over her. "Listen, I want you two to stay out of harm's way. I'll take care of it. Do you understand?"

Alexis didn't break eye contact, not moving a muscle.

"Do you understand me, Alexis? You will stay here." Dean repeats. "One way or another."