41. The Idea Of Growing Up

we were just kids back then

but were grown ups now

the innocent souls chasing after winds

to just existing,

sagged into the emptiness of our lonely couch.

Was this what we wanted

but it looked exciting from the distance.

The tragic and blind race to death

was this the future of our existence.

Was this what fascinated us

tired and sleep deprived,

Liveliness snuck under our heavy breaths

a bag of blood and bones

barely alive.

============================================================

As the three of us made our way towards our respective vans, the gravel crunching beneath our feet, Dhriti turned to me with a look of concern etched on her face. "You know," she said, her voice tinged with worry, "Aadarsh wasn't feeling well. I wonder how he is now."

 "About that," I said, "He came to the library. He said he just had a little fever nothing more and he also said he mostly just wanted to get out of class."

Saara rolled her eyes in disbelief and frustration. "This guy is unbelievable," she said, throwing her hands up in exasperation. "He blatantly rejects you and lies so he can talk to you in the library. Honestly, I just think he loves the attention he gets from you. Such an attention seeker."

"I'm not sure," I said, my voice trailing off as I tried to make sense of Aadarsh's behavior. "The only reasonable thing I can think of is that he acts like that with me because he feels bad for breaking my heart. Maybe he's just trying to be nice to me." I said, trying to erase Saara's negative perception of him.

Saara snorted, a hint of sarcasm creeping into her voice. "Oh, of course," she said, rolling her eyes. "Ms. Lover wouldn't consider that he could even have false intentions. My bad."

We walked in silence for a few moments before Saara suddenly exclaimed, her voice bright with excitement. "By the way, someone I know is joining our coaching!"

"Who?" Dhriti asked out of curiosity.

"Divam," Saara said, her voice filled with excitement. "We were classmates ever since kindergarten, but we became best friends in 8th grade but he left school last year and joined a boarding school.

"Why is he joining in the middle of the session?" I asked.

Saara shrugged. "His grandma injured her knee and she'll be hospitalized for two weeks. He's taken a leave for two weeks too. Since his grandma lives here and we go for classes here too, I told his mom about our coaching. She was like - it's better if he comes here for 2 weeks and doesn't waste his time."

I could see the sweet smile on Saara's face and couldn't help but feel happy for her. "You must be really excited," I said.

"Of course," Saara exclaimed. "And moreover, I'll get to meet him after quite a few months now. So I'm really looking forward to it."

======================================================

Dearest Readers,

We have been through 41 chapters now , its quite wonderful to  for an author or poet or whatever you might call me. So, Thank You for picking this book. And don't worry , my story of the broken poet still will take a couple of chapters to complete , so hang on with me.

At last, we have arrived at this chapter of that year. It was a time when life played a joke on me - a funny one, to be sure. 

But you'll have to wait just a bit longer to discover the chaos that Mr. Saara's-Friend brought along with him. I promise you'll love the upcoming chapters.

My life was quite the loveliest disaster that year. HAHA

With love, 

Sania