37. Her Grace

as she press her feet against the floor

and walk with the prideful grace she holds

the suns fall down to its knees

and bow downs to her

her presence makes them wear their coats of chivalry

all the wickedness slither

they stand agape watching her in awe

witnessing a courage they thought had withered

she hold the thunderstorms

and sunshine

side by side

a smile that heals

a fury that can burn the cold

both merciful and fierce

that's the kind of grace she holds

================================================================

With the drama in the classroom behind us, Saara, Dhriti, and I made our way to the canteen, still laughing about the drama that just happened

With the drama in the classroom behind us, Saara, Dhriti, and I made our way to the canteen, still laughing about the drama that just happened. As we reached the counter, Saara turned to me with a mischievous glint in her eye. "You're going to pay for the hotdogs today," she said, ordering three.

"What did I do?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"C'mon dude," Dhriti said, trying to convince me to pay. "The love of your life suddenly appears after saying the most heartbreaking goodbye. Shouldn't you treat us over the luck of your stars?"

I couldn't help but smile. "Fine," I said, feeling like I was on cloud nine. The thought of seeing him again filled me with joy and excitement.

We all soon returned to our seats, along with the rest of our classmates. The bell was about to ring, signaling the end of our break.

"So, everyone has returned or is there anyone still out?" our teacher asked, scanning the room.

"No, everyone is here," Stuti said, her eyes sweeping over the classroom.

Before our teacher could start with her lecture, a thought hit me - my math exam was tomorrow. I decided to ask if I could go to the library and study for it instead.

"Fine," our teacher said, allowing me to leave for the library.

As I gathered my bag and started heading towards the door, I heard a voice behind me. "Mam, can I go too?" It was Aadarsh, his tone laced with amusement as he hoped to skip the class.