17. Daughter Of Moonstone

there she stood

under the night sky of June

her essence illuminated like the ivory halo of moonstone

mayhap it was the heir of the moon

a melody of wild and mystifying emotions

that my beats stared humming.

oh heavens ,

i realized an eternal damnation was forthcoming.

i stood agape with the quivering beats

her beauty was too pure to define

yet the moon softly held my wrist

and gave her heart in trembling hands of mine

she's poetry in her purest form

the divinity of highest sense

and when she softened her eyes looking in mine

i promise my soul was cleansed.

my lungs desperately seek for air

her innocent irises threatens my breaths

oblivious to her ,she revived a miniscule heart

who i thought had died a tragic death

she kindles benevolence in her veins

her skin beams with the camaraderie and kindness within

I'm scared ill stain her flesh with just a touch

holding her feels like an utmost sin

and her smile

its unearthly

it leaves the sentiments flushed against my bones

the silvery shine in her crescent lips

tells me

she indeed is the daughter of the moonstone 

===========================================================================

As Dhriti and I chatted in our biology class, passing notes back and forth in our registers, she told me all about her boyfriend. From the details she shared, it was clear to me that my friend was deeply in love and blinded to the red flags waving right in front of her. The only thing they seemed to have in common was their wealth. He was an arrogant, short-tempered person who had fought with her countless times. But he always came back, apologizing in the sweetest tones and assuring her of his love. I tried to tell her what a terrible person he sounded like, but she just kept making excuses for him. Love had truly blinded her.

As we scribbled away, I couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt. Dhriti had shared so much of her life with me, yet I had not told her about Aadarsh. I was sure that I had started to develop feelings for him and it felt only right that she should know.

I hesitated for a moment before scribbling the words I like Aadarsh onto the page and passing the register back to Dhriti. My heart was pounding as I waited for her reaction. The moment her eyes landed on those words, she let out a loud gasp that drew the attention of everyone in the room, including our teacher. I quickly snapped the register shut and held it tightly as our teacher shot us a disapproving look before continuing with his lecture.

Dhriti's handwriting was rushed and messy as she scrawled her response. OMG are you kidding me? Seriously? She practically shoved the register back at me.

I took a deep breath before writing my reply. Yeah, I'm serious. But I don't know what to do with this realization because I'm sure he doesn't like me like that.

Are you kidding me? Dhriti wrote back, her words practically jumping off the page. I'm telling you, he definitely has a crush on you. Why do you think he moved from the left side of the aisle to our side on the second day after you joined the institute? And why do you think he sits in the row in front of us? He could have sat anywhere, but he chose to sit closer to you.

I wasn't so sure. I don't know why he changed his seat, I wrote back, but I'm sure he only sees me as a friend. Maybe he actually likes Stuti. He sits behind her too.

Dhriti was adamant. Nah, he doesn't like her. Trust me, I'm positive he likes you.

I sighed and closed the register as our teacher instructed us to start drawing the diagrams he had made on the whiteboard. Dhriti and I set to work, our pencils scratching against the paper.