14. Monsoon Goddess

She danced in the thunderous rain

like the bough of an adrenalized tree.

The thunderclaps and rainstorms have nothing on her

the way she moves so careless and free.

Scared, i was ,

to attact the scum on my hair strands and clothes,

but she couldnt careless

about the brown puddles and her drenched calicoes.

Defying the laws of gravity,

the clear pearls cascaded too slow,

before collapsing to the ground

just to worship her sublime movements flow.

Her body sways like fluid

but her poise incite blaze,

beyond the reign of deity's and demons

she lives in each photon of sun rays.

The supreme ,

Aphrodite prays to in silence .

an icy elegance,

that drizzles diamonds.

Good Lord !

you must come to my rescue

for her addiction is stronger than opium

it feels illicit to see here on the streets

she's a precious belonging of museum .

16/2/23

Ah, this poem. Well it has a little back story.
So, in the beginning of Feb,I got a really bad flu. And it was just terrible.

This bad fever never left me for 15 days . And throughout those days I was just glued to my bed for I had no energy left in me.

Well, since I couldn't leave the bed  , I used to listen to music all day long and that's ladies and gentlemen is how I got in Hozier's music . I got simply obsessed.

Okay , so for those who don't knows his song lyrics are the peak of divinity. His writing style is also very poetic , which I loveee.

Anyways, then I stumbled upon one of his songs 'Would That I' and Oh Heavens !
It felt like I was in the medieval era living in a cottage near a coast wearing long white cotton dress and dancing in the lush green field on a warm summer afternoon. It's such a vibe.

So I wrote this poetry in that headspace.
And I this piece is still my favorite.

====================================================================

As the teacher instructed us to sit far apart from one another and distributed the exam papers, I carefully examined the questions before me. The silence in the room was palpable as we all began to write. But not even a minute had passed when I heard a faint whisper calling my name.

I turned around to see Aadarsh sitting a few rows behind me. He held up two fingers, silently pleading for the answer to question two. It was a fill-in-the-blank question and I mouthed the answer to him, trying my best not to get caught. But he seemed unable to understand my silent message and after several failed attempts, he gestured for me to pass my answer sheet to him through Dhriti, who was sitting between us.

I shook my head firmly in refusal. The risk was too great. My heart pounded in my chest as I turned back to my own paper, determined to focus on my own work and not let Aadarsh's desperation distract me.

I asked for a supplementary sheet and checked my watch. The hands ticked away steadily, reminding me that time was running out. Thankfully, I still had 45 minutes left. I took a deep breath and focused on the task at hand. I estimated that I would be finished within 30 minutes.

Glancing back at Aadarsh, I saw him sneakily trying to slide his hand into his bag. His fingers searched frantically for the book he needed to look up answers. The invigilator had left the classroom after being called by our biology teacher. He warned us not to cheat and said he would be just outside the door, but of course, he wasn't.

The moment he left, I seized the opportunity and threw my first answer booklet to Dhriti. I mouthed the words "pass it to Aadarsh" and she gave me a thumbs up. But then she started flipping through it quietly, searching for answers she didn't know. Aadarsh poked her from behind and told her the booklet was for him. She refused and continued to write answers from my sheets.

Aadarsh called out my name loudly and the whole class turned to look at him and me. My heart raced as all eyes fell on us.

"Sanya," he said, his voice tinged with desperation, "tell her to give it to me."

Why the fuck would you say my name so loudly in a quiet room where a test is going on and the teacher can enter at any moment?

What Are My WordsWorthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara