The past is the past

"Hehe...just one more"

"Natsu be quiet"

"It's been two weeks I highly doubt-HEY GAJEEL!"

Gajeel woke up feeling dizzy but otherwise ok "Salamander?" He asked still drowsy "What are you doing here?".

"Ah, well you see, uh, it's a funny story, RUN HAPPY!" he and the exceed ran out the room shouting "Sleeping beauty is awake".

Gajeel sits up and examines the room "Those two idiots were in my house!?" He yells to himself as he gets up and walks to the bathroom.

He stood straight faced when he saw himself in the mirror it had doodles all over him "I'm pretty sure I know who did this".

He cleans himself up and heads to the kitchen still feeling sore in all places. "Good morning Gajeel" his exceed greeted "Same to you Lily" "How are you feeling?" "Apart from shit I'd say ok".

With cereal in an bowl he walked to the living room but was stunned at what he saw "Lily" "Hm?" "What's Shrimp doing here?". Levy was sleeping in their couch the exceed looks at her and says "I offered my room but she thought she was imposing. She's been here for two weeks".

Gajeel kept on looking at her till he could feel Lily beginning to smirk "Hey Shrimp wake up!" He calls nudging her leg she grunts till lazily opening her eyes "Gajeel?" when she finally gives him a proper look she jumped out of the couch and tackled him, needless to say the cereal bowl flew out of his hand and lands somewhere on the floor.

"I thought you'd never wake up!" "Ok as much as I don't share your excitement can you please get off" he wheezes still feeling the effects of the fight "Oh sorry here let me help" she gets up and pulls him up.

"You've been here for two weeks?" "Yeah I wanted to make sure you were ok. Although Panther Lily did help me" Gajeel scratches his head Lily speaks up "Ah be careful!" "Why?" "Cause we had to stitch up a head wound of yours".

Levy kept looking at him with worry "Do you feel ok? You took quite the beating" she glanced over to the almost forgotten mess of cereal "Oh gosh I'm sorry".

She starts moving to clean it but Gajeel pulls her back "No no it's ok" "But-" "Really it is, I need to tell you something". Levy waits but Panther Lily interrupts "It's almost 9" "Huh? I'M LATE!" she yells grabbing her purse "Late? For what? Oh the guild".

She placed her hand on the door handle "I'll meet you there, you can tell me then". When she leaves Gajeel punched the Exceed in the head "Good for nothing cat" Panther rubs the bruise and smirks knowing very well that he interrupted "What did I do?".

~Later in the guild~

Gajeel sat in a table far away from the gang, he was a bit relieved Natsu and Lucy got out ok from what he heard they had quite the bruises and scars. Panther Lily walks to his table "Why don't you join us? Take your mind off of things" he only huffed as a response.

"I'm sure Levy will be here soon" the Exceed sits down next to him "I can't believe she's making me wait" Gajeel groans "Well she did want to help Jet and Droy make up for thier rent problem. What were you going to tell her?".

Gajeel looked away and growled "None of your business" "You're blushing" Gajeel turned with his face tainted red "How can you tell?!" Panther laughs "I couldn't but now I know" he got slapped on the head.

"Thank you Levy!" Jet hugs her and Droy joins in "Yeah thanks for helping us!". She laughed at the show of affection "It's alright you guys know I like taking jobs with ya. Also...I can't...breathe" the trio broke up and walked to the guild.

Levy spots Gajeel who was the only one alone and avoiding Natsu and Gray's scuffle. Jet and Droy move to the bar and she walks up behind him. He hasn't looked up from his drink, she was determined to scare him.

She got close enough just a few inches, she makes her move "BOO!" He only chuckles "Nice try but I heard your footsteps". Feeling defeated she sits down with him "I'm beat...so Gajeel" "Hm?" "What were you going to tell me?".

Gajeel choked on the booze "I...well I" he stuttered, when he looked away he saw Natsu, Gray and Elfman snickering in the distance and a few if the girls were giggling. "What's wrong?" She didn't notice she had reached to hold his hand he doesn't pull away instead he holds it tightly "Um I wanted to tell you something for a while" she sees how bad he blushes and quietly giggle "What is it?" "You've been really nice to me even though I act like an asshole, amazing really considering all the teasing I do to ya".

"Don't think that you're not a pain, although, I could use less of the teasing" she laughed Gajeel felt like he couldn't breathe "She's so damn cute it's killing me".

He cleared his throat "Yeah so what I'm trying to tell ya is, that's if you feel the same way, I don't want to pressure you in-" he was stuttering Natsu yells from his table "JUST TELL HER ALRIGHT!!" Gray joins in "THIS IS MAKING ME SICK!" and Elfman goes "MAN UP!".

The girls rant about how they need to not interrupt their moment, Levy pulls at his arm still waiting for him to finish he sighed "What do I have to lose?" "Shr-Levy" she blushed a bit when he said her name "Yeah?" "I know I'm a jerk and I probably shouldn't tell you this but" "Crap stop stalling" very quickly he says still holding her hand "LevyIloveyou" he lets go of her hand and stood up yelling at the group "THERE I SAID IT OK!" Erza shouts back "ABOUT DAMN TIME!!".

Levy jumps up and hugs him "I love you too!" He released a big sigh and hugs her back "Really?Good, I thought I was gonna end up looking stupid" Levy looks up at him "You? Look stupid? Please".

"Screw it" he kisses her earning a lot of shouts and squeals from the others he did some squealing of his own when she kissed him back.

When they parted she was giggling he laughed "Had I known you were a good kisser I would've done it sooner shrimp". It goes without saying that the entire guild felt very happy and with the Master returned they celebrated the happy occasion.

THE END