Heart stopping encounter

"SAY IT!"

"No"

"I WON FAIR AND SQUARE!"

Gajeel huffed in frustration the small mage won the match by a single point "Fine I'm....sorry" he says almost inaudible Levy crosses her arms and stares him down "Can't hear you".

"I apologize" he says thinking he'd slip away "I apologize? Pfft" she giggles "You can't say it can you?!" "Say what!?" "Say you're sorry" Gajeel looks away from the laughing script mage "I apolo-" he gets interrupted "Come on Gajeel" she begins to give him a puppy eyes look "Please!!". Gajeel almost didn't want to say it, she looked cute doing it he only did it to stop the awful blush "Fine I'm sorry" "I'm sorry whom?" She cups her ear "Ok now you're just milking it Shorty!" She leans her head to the side "Can't blame me for trying!".

~Sometime later~

It was close to 10 Levy started yawning and rubbing her eyes. She was trying to read a poem the master had given her for entertainment. She had to re read it a couple of times and the energy was draining from her.

Gajeel stretched out his limbs, looking tired himself "Come on it's 9:57 you need sleep" Levy protested while Gajeel tried getting her up.

"Nooo I'm almost done" she gives out a yawn "Yeah I can see that, you can finish this stupid thing tomorrow now it's bedtime" "But I'm not sleepy". Gajeel huffs, he needs sleep but not until Levy goes "And you say I'm childish Get Up!" He pulls her up, Levy slums into him "Carry me" there he went, blushing a shade redder than Erza's hair "Damn it Shrimp!" He swings her over his shoulder and she begins to kick and squirm "NOT LIKE THIS!!" Gajeel stops and sets her down confused with what she said "Like how a guy carries a princess" she demands. Gajeel smirks "If you have the energy to kick me you can hoove it from here" "But-" "Hop to it squirt I'm dying here!".

That night Levy demanded that he'd sleep with her again. When he asked for a reason she said she was scared "Oh come on Shorty! The painting was a joke" "Gajeel please just stay at least until I fall asleep!" He rolled his eyes "Tch fine only because you're begging me" she blushes and rapidly punches him "NOT LIKE THAT!" "Ow, Ow, OW OK THAT ONE HURT!".

He didn't move, Levy had already fallen asleep a moment ago but he didn't dare move, only because he didn't want to wake her up or at least that's what he'd say. Gajeel held her close and played with her hair "How comes her's so soft? Mine is all spiky" he mumbles taking care not to wake her up.

Levy started to mumble "Say it...come on" Gajeel smiled and tried holding a laugh "She talks in her sleep? Alright then" he thinks. Softly her whispers in her ear "I'm sorry" and smiles Levy however frowned faintly "No no...the other thing" "Other thing?" "Say it..".

"What does she mean!?" he says to himself Levy turns over and fearing she had woke up Gajeel pulls his face away, she buries her face deeper in his chest "I love you" Gajeel felt his heart stop "Did she...no she's dreaming she can't...D-do I wake her up?!" He panicks a bit, he was almost certain he would wake her up by how loud his heart beated "No no she's dreaming she must have thought of something she loved like authors and stuff. Damn it stop blushing!!" He scolded himself but couldn't hold it he sighed trying to calm down he didn't realize how tightly he was holding her.

"Gajeel?" Levy moans starting to wake up, she felt too warm and couldn't breathe she looked up and saw he felt nervous also that he didn't look down at her "Hey down here" she called out feeling drowsy, Gajeel only slightly looks down "Hm? Oh I'm...just fine" Levy yawned never noticing the slayer's red face "Ok... Goodnight" she goes back to embracing him and falls back to sleep, soon he too falls asleep.

~Late at night~

The house was quiet. The soft drops of rain drizzled the windows. Cold wind softly blew through the curtains. As the pair slept soundly in the room the fireplace lights up. It was a blue, cold fire and a sickening green colored smoke crept out. As if it knew where to move, it floated up the stairs and strands of it slipped into rooms.

It floated till it reached the bed and slowly crept up, grabbing a hold of a leg it pulls down. The one of the two started pulling back groaning in protest. The fog crept up even futher and pulled again with more force. The much larger of the two started kicking as if to ward it off and lifted both legs further up.

Having been annoyed the mist grabs both legs and pulls with a much greater force sending the subject falling out of the bed hitting the floor. It rapidly fades away.

"WHAT IN THE!?" Gajeel snaps awake, a minute ago he was sleeping next to Levy and now he's on the floor. Levy started to wake up rubbing her eyes "Gajeel...where are you?".

He gets up rubbing his head "I'm right here" Levy sits up and he sits down on the bed "That must have been one scary nightmare making you jump like that" she remarked. Gajeel lays back down "Ha ha very funny I'm not scared I must have rolled off, now can we go back to sleep?". Levy smirks and taunts "Oh so now who's begging whom to bed?" "DAMN IT NOT LIKE THAT!".