Following Voices (part 2)

~Meanwhile~

"Damn all this mud is gonna mess up my boots" Gajeel trudges through the mud, he thought he saw a dog run through the backyard. It looked abandoned and felt absolutely cold but that was probably just the weather.

"I wonder why Shorty called for me? Tch, probably to blame me for something".

With a few stomps he manages to get out of the thick mud he stood across from the glass doors leading inside the house "Phew now how do I get back inside?". In front of him was a pool of rain water, there must have been a pool once, Gajeel searches for a way around but the only way is blocked by a fallen trees and rubble, there was no way he'd go back in the muddy path "Well time for a swim!" he walked in, never caring if he'd get sick or not  "Ah cold cold!!".

The water was freezing and his shoes were slipping in the pools floor, quickly he starts swimming wanting to get out quick. Something in the water started grabbing one of his legs "Ah shit must be stuck" he floats for a while trying to free himself but huffs in frustration when he couldn't get it loose "I regret this decision. No use complaining now!" He dove in.

The water was murky and he could only get around by feeling his leg, after several pushes he comes back up for air "Damn it!". Just when he was about to dive back in he hears a scream " GAJEEL!" "Hey that sounds like.. SHRIMP?!". Gajeel dives right back in and pulls his leg out, his foot was caught in something and no matter how much he tried he couldn't break free.

He comes back up coughing and breathing heavily, diving back into the water he makes one final pull. It was just enough to free him, the force pushed him back to the wall of the pool. Shaking it off he looks at his leg and what he saw made him go cold, a hand held on to him. As if that wasn't horrifying enough it pulled him down, deeper into the pool.

Gajeel sticks his arms out trying to grab onto the edge, lucky he grabs it and starts pushing himself up, the hand still pulled down each pull stronger than the next. "Don't panick!" He shouts to himself, with his free leg he kicks the hand off and lunges out of the water welcoming the air in his lunges. Not a moment later another scream rips through "GAJEEL HELP!!".

Without a moment to spare he runs into the house and runs up a few steps. Lead by Levy's perfume, he arrives at the iron door and quickly opens the door.

Levy practically flies out tackling him in the process "LET ME OUT!!!" she yells at him as they fall. When they hit the floor the strong winds close the door. Levy gets off and backs far away from it, all her hairs stood and she shook tremendously.

"Shrimp? HEY!" Gajeel yells trying to snap her out of her state "Are you listening?! Hello!" Levy doesn't answer instead she shakes and starts tearing up, Gajeel lowered his voice and tries calming her down "Shrimp it's ok you're not in there anymore" he gently holds her shoulders "Just breath and calm down".

Levy breathes at first shakingly but then calmly "T-thanks Gajeel I-i thought you wouldn't..." she gives up and hugs, not caring if he was soaking wet it caught him by surprise. For a moment he tenses but hugs her back still attempting to calm her, he felt her hug him tighter, Gajeel rubs her back "Hey it's gonna be ok".

After a while Levy loosens her hold just a bit, tears rolled down her face. In attempt to lighten the situation he snickers "For Mavis sake calm down you're shaking worse than a leaf" Levy tenses up "Had I known you'd hug me out of fear, I should scare you more often".