Did you remember to forgive yourself?

"Gajeel!" Levy yelled, she'd found the basement the little girl didn't stop her as she ran to his side.

He was sitting and his eyes were closed "Gajeel? Wake up!" She shook him trying her best to wake him up. Levy sensed someone was getting closer "GET BACK!" she yells to the child "I c-can wake him...if you want" the girl spoke nervously she was scared but Levy didn't care "He didn't murder you!".

"I know" "Then why did you still go through with it!?" The girl backed up further away she was crying. Levy shouldn't have taken pity but she couldn't shake the sad feeling it was just a kid "Come here" she tells her but the girl doesn't move "It's ok I can't hurt you even if I did, not that I would".

The girl hesitantly walks over but soon runs into her arms crying and sobbing "I'm sorry I just...I wanted to play..not like this" Levy soothed the child, she felt cold but at the same time warm "He promised" "Who did?" "The man who had the key...he'd promised to play with me I never saw his face".

"So she only wanted to play?"

"Why haven't you crossed over? There's plenty of people who'd play with you if you do" the girl hugged Levy tighter "I was waiting for mommy" the girl broke the embraced.

"Mommy's plan was to kill the man who murdered me. Then she said we'd both find peace and move on" she looked at Gajeel "But she's taken it too far".

Levy follows her gaze and saids "You know you'll never find him. It's been quite a while so he's most likely gone" "I know, mommy doesn't believe, so she keeps hurting" Levy sighs "Trying to protect you".

The girl lifts her head in confusing "That's her unfinished business. You couldn't leave without your mom crossing over. You're mom couldn't get over the fact she didn't save you" she explains to the little one. "You should cross over, your real mom would've wanted that" the girl smiled and yawned "Let me... *yawn*...fix something" she extends her hand to Gajeel's chest "I'll wake him up for you".

Levy stood quiet as she cast a spell after it was done the girl rested on her lap "It'll be...a while, he really likes you.." she drifted to sleep leaving Levy to watch over him "I know he does".
----

"Wow you got me a book?" His eyes shoot open. "Yeah Lucy told me you liked this sort of garbage" "That's my voice? How am I?" He gets up and winced when he felt pain, he only remembered an empty pained feeling and all he saw was red.

He looks onward and sees another copy of him with Levy. "It's not garbage it is literature and a good one at that" she smiled as he-no the other he gives her the book.

Gajeel realized something, this wasn't a dream it's a memory "Oh yeah then I go" "Still looks like garbage to me" "Damn idiot" he took notice of her face as it turn red.

"Thanks you didn't have to do this. I feel kinda bad that you had to spend your jewels" "Tch, save your modesty I chose to buy it for you".

"Why am I remembering such a thing?". "Because subconsciously you refuse to die, at least not like this" that voice it belonged to the child "Also because you have someone waiting for you" "Who could..? Not after all I've done".

The girl sits down next to him and brings her legs close to her chest "Jeez mister you really are dumb". He'd protest if it wasn't for his bust up stomach, they sat as his memories played on. All of them were happy memories not just with Levy but with other guild members too.

The girl looked at the empty side next to her seeing that one part of him was still doubtful "Why haven't you said anything? To her about your feelings?".

"I..I don't know" "You've changed since you've joined" he didn't respond just kept looking at old memories "Levy forgives you, everyone forgives you. Why haven't you forgiven yourself?".

A memory played by showing Natsu and him fighting in the guild hall. "COME AT ME SCREW FOR BRAINS!" The girl laughed and Gajell rolled his eyes but he soon gave in and laughed.

"You've got great friends and a person who loves you. You shouldn't dwell on such things". The little girl yawned and pressed herself against his arm "I've come to wake you up *yawn* Levy is a good person" "Yeah she is".

He started feeling a bit drowsy as well "What will happen to the other ghost?". "She's gone her soul was tainted with all she has done". The girl slipped to deep sleep and Gajeel started to feel someone poking his face. Soon afterwards he woke up.