PART VIII

Such a peaceful sight welcomed Ethiel: a huge, neatly organized village established on the vast ground with the soft moonlight shining over it, enhancing the enchantment tenfold. Huts, small shops, a stream of fresh water, hot spring, waterfall, comparatively smaller trees, farm lands, tree houses, and all the basic necessities were there.

The residents were mostly apes – taller than men – and they were wearing trousers and in-shirt; their bodies were just like human, only that they were furry and muscular. However, other than the mighty apes, there were more beings: elves, dwarves, golems, fairies, humans, werewolves, nymphs, and many more – Ethiel couldn't identify them. They were all engaged in different activities, some were farming, some were cooking and serving food, some others were making weapons, there were fishermen too, and a few others were just chilling on the big tree houses.

"What used to be a Kingdom is now a tribe offering shelter to as many people as possible," Maya waved at the place. "But it's still more than enough. Welcome to Koranga Tribe."

"I swear I didn't spot this place from above..." Ethiel whispered in astonishment.

"That's because of the dome of trees. The dome hides this place from sight."

Ethiel and Tifa looked up.

"Which dome? All I see is the moon and those flying creatures."

"Look closely, you will be able to see the outline of the trees; they will be very very vague."

On thorough observance, the outlines of the broad, massive trees became visible; they were the same trees that formed the dome-like structure.

"How is this possible?" Ethiel squinted.

"I thought you would've forgotten the word 'possible' by now," Maya tittered. "Well, it's all credited to Mrs. Alice. She personally used her magic knowledge to design such trees along with the other high sorcerers that survived; opaque from outside, transparent from inside. She even made the charms that have been set on the perimeters for protection and to ward off the Pisachi – the creatures that are flying up there. They don't dare to come close to this region, but they still fly about in wait, forever hungry."

Ethiel looked around; the vast village was surrounded by only tree trunks that extended up, gradually becoming invisible.

"Amazing..."

Moshu squeaked.

"Oh, Moshu need to go back now. He says bye and that he enjoyed talking to you two." Maya translated.

"Oh, alright. Bye, and thanks a lot for the help. Nice meeting you." Ethiel waved his hands.

The cute, walking mushroom disappeared into the tunnel again.

Suddenly, an ape man jumped from above and landed near them. The hair on his head were longer and set in a fashion.

"Who have we here? They seem very familiar." He asked in his strong voice, towering over them.

"Mr. Tan, these are the children of Mrs. Alice," Maya introduced them again.

"No wonder! This is all so sudden," He laughed. "Hello to you two!"

"Hello," Ethiel and Tifa bowed their head gently.

"But where is Mrs. Alice?"

Ethiel didn't tell again.

"Uhhh, well Mrs. Alice isn't here." Maya shuffled her feet. "She sent these two to meet King Veer."

"Oh, I see. Lord Veer, he is up there, sitting outside his tree house with that unpleasant, ill-mannered bird." Mr. Tan's face showed utter disgust when he mentioned the bird.