PART VII

High above the ground and amongst the cold clouds, they sailed through Anigma, sitting on the butterflies. Once out of the domain of the forest they had entered before, the colour of the skies changed into a dazzling, dark purple. More entrancing was the change below; the entire ash blue land randomly studded with hills had several streams of dully luminescent water, thin and thick, running everywhere wildly, ultimately joining together into a vast water body. On the other side of the water body, Ethiel could see a huge, sophisticated building with domes and pointy watch towers – it was probably a palace. Surrounding the palace were more buildings of all sizes but each of them smaller than; tiny specks of light were dotted on each of it, from the palace to the smallest building. It was a Kingdom.

"So beautiful." Tifa curiously looked at everything, her blonde hair flowing freely, one with the wind.

"Right?" Maya took a deep, peaceful breath. "Been here so many times and still it is as beautiful as the first time I saw it."

"So this is Anigma," Ethiel's eyes turned to the moon; it was slightly bigger and brighter than the one back on Earth, and even the surface was more smooth and clear. "Beautiful indeed."

"There is more; you will see." Maya said.

"Yeah," He looked over his shoulders at her. "By the way, where is that thing mom left for you? What was its name again–"

"Blessed Blood?"

"Right."

She took it out of the small pocket hanging from her belt.

"I see. You know, I still don't get what that is."

"It is something like an amulet, enhances power when worn, spiritual and physical."

"Aren't you gonna wear it then?"

She sighed at it. "I need some time..."

"Understood."

She kept it back in her pocket, "I didn't get to say before due to the circumstances, but I can say it now I guess."

"Say what?"

"Nice to meet you, Ethiel and Tifa." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you too," They smiled back.

Like Maya said, the wonders were far from over. Even during the rest of the travel, they came across domains they never imagined could've existed, each uniquely magnificent and mystical in its own way. One of the regions had this colossal, slightly cracked statue of a knight on his steed that was on its hind legs; it was partially covered in moss. The knight had his arms raised, pointing his sword to the heavens. Water flowed down like tears from the valiant eyes of the knight and his steed. The statue was as big as a mountain, standing tall amidst a vast river, thousands of building structures perching on it; it was like an epic piece of natural art. Another region was carpeted with mushroom-like trees whose leaf seemed to be grey feathers. However, the highlight of the region were the odd, gigantesque dandelions that were taller than the trees, way taller. They nodded in the wild winds, shedding smaller dandelions. Then there was yet another region whose skies stole the attention; there were colourful ribbons of mildly sparkling dust entangled with each other, a rainbow-like network of beauty against a dull grey background adorn with smoky legions of stars.  

However, Anigma wasn't some Utopia, it had its own dystopian aspects as well, some to be seen and some to be felt.

Ruined was the word that came to Ethiel's mind when they passed by some Kingdoms. Even though the view wasn't so clear, the degree of exploitation and massacre, the degree of destruction and abuse of the peaceful beauty those lands once were, each trait – the broken monuments, the deforestation, the slaughtered houses, and every single thing – implied that more clearly than words ever could've. Their dark history was imbued in their feel, in their pensive vibes that were felt even from such great distance.