VII

Elias
I found her. She's safe now, cupped in my hands. She's doing nothing but staring at me with a blank expression and only seeming to stop when i catch her eye then she looks down. She was currently looking down away from me and was tracing the lines of my hand, which did feel weird and tickle me a bit, but I didn't want to scare her with my erratic giggles so I suppressed them the best I could . We soon reached my room, I sat down on the bed with her still cupped up in my hands. She tried getting off my hand by climbing up the bowl shape but I just pushed her down so she sat and was looking up at me. I need this moment to last longer. As i pushed her down she landed with a small thump, and she winced in pain quietly, but I noticed before she tried to hide it with effortless attempts. After many minutes of sitting in silence I requested.

"Iris can I see your leg, please?"

She still looked terrified as this small request reached her ears. Better yet I was patient with her and just waited for her to comply. She honestly just sat there diverting her vision so she couldn't make eye contact with me. She's being acting weird for some reason. She gave in and stuck out her left leg which looked like it had been bruised bad, I'm surprised she wasn't screaming about it. As i was inspecting it, I snuck a few glances at her, she was doing nothing except looking around the room and taking in the scenery of this giant maze for her. She did some sort of confused noise so we both locked eyes, she pointed her arm towards my desk and spoke for the first time today.

Iris

"What's that?"

All I could see around me were gargantuan structures that would probably be seen as tiny to someone his size. It was too overwhelming. The thing that shocked me most in this absolutely huge dark room, was what was on his desk. To him it looked like some sort of toy house you'd have for doll, but for me it looked like some huge mansion. When I did eventually ask him he looked rather shocked, bewildered maybe , mainly because that was the first time I spoke to him in many years considering I've been trying to avoid his presence. When he did see what I was looking at he began to get all flustered and tense, a small flush formed on his face.

"The days before I lost you, I asked you to meet me in the field correct?" I nodded to his question

"I was going to ask you to live in my room with me so you would feel happier, then you disappeared so i just kept it there, I don't know why"

I just stared in disbelief, he did that for me? Now that I'm thinking about it. He's always been kind and gentle, from when we were kids, to know despite his huge size he's still taking care and being gentle with my leg, and he's been rather patient with me despite my sour attitude. Once he was done inspecting, he plucked me off his bed with his spacious hand and he opened up the house in the desk for me. And by god it was huge, there was so much detail and it had the smallest features and necessary items I needed. He lifted me to what seemed like a spacious bedroom, it was bigger than my old room in the castle. As i was about to try lay in the bed and ignore him for the night I noticed a carving in the corner. It was large but readable, it said

'For my iris'

Oh wow. That's strange. I looked up at him as he tried to cover his burning face. I think the word 'my' cause this reaction. I just traced it with my hand and slipped into the bed. I can't be asked anymore

I'll escape in the morning

Hey guys I've been busy with revision so this chapter is a bit short :)