Chapter 34

Fear

Taehyung was staring impatiently at his phone screen, waiting for you to return home but there was no sign of you.

Even at the Foster home, he couldn't stop thinking about you. He kept talking about you with the kids as they kept asking him more about you. He loved how the kids had already fallen in love with you. Who wouldn't?

He was waiting for you outside your office but you didn't come out for a long time, so he thought you must have already returned home but you weren't there either.

The weather was getting worse with each passing minute.

He was worried for you. He was getting anxious and scared.

He tried tapping into the audio bug that he had installed in your wallet but he heard nothing.

There were some rare days when you would forget to carry things with you and today was one such day. You had forgotten to carry your wallet with you, and you didn't know it was a blessing in disguise.

Taehyung had no access to you or your whereabouts for the whole day.

He was distressed. He didn't know where he could find you and what you could be doing now?

What if you were with some other man? No, you wouldn't do that to him, would you? You said you loved him. You wouldn't do that. You love him.

His hands were itching to call you and he decided to call you if you don't return home within the next hour.

Now that he had gotten in touch with the rest of the members again, they were slowly and gradually getting back on track.

The Red Bullet was back in action.

They were being more careful and were trying to recruit new members. He didn't want his hyungs to have died in vain. It was their wish and dream to find every single pedophile man or woman and put an end to them.

So, Taehyung had been busy.

But not so busy that he won't be able to check up on you.

After a while he saw a black sedan pulling up and you stepped out of it.

Before he could get a glimpse of who you were with you closed the door and he clenched his fist in anger.

You rushed inside the building without saying anything to Namjoon.
The whole ride back home was full of tension and awkwardness.

Even Namjoon didn't speak the whole time and you were confused now. Did he say and do all those things because he was drunk? Or did it really mean something?

You discarded all the thoughts.
Maybe you were overthinking.

But Namjoon on the other side was regretting his actions. He was feeling so stupid for acting the way he did with you.

At the end of the day, he is your boss and you're his subordinate, he's trying his best to remember that, but in your presence he always seems to fail. He always steps beyond the professional boundary and does something he regrets later.

He even tried avoiding and ignoring you, he tried being rude towards you but he couldn't.
That day, in the meeting when he scolded you for not being a good team leader, he saw how your lips quivered and how you tried holding back your tears while trying to avoid his gaze.
It hurt him to see you like this.

But when you smile, he smiles without even trying.

"I shouldn't be feeling this way about you." He mumbled to himself. "I'm so fucking helpless, I can't seem to control myself when I'm with you. What is happening to me, Y/N? Why are you doing this to me?" He thought.