Chapter 25

Looking back

Taehyung paced back and forth in worry.

Should I call him? What do I do? I need to warn him. I have to call him.
He thought.

He took his other burner phone out, and dialled the number.
He wasn't even sure if the number would still be in use.

But he had to try.

It felt like forever and just when Taehyung was about to give up, he heard a voice from the other side. A voice he hadn't heard in a long time.

"Hello." The man spoke.

Taehyung was completely frozen on spot. He couldn't speak. He was happy, relieved, and almost on the verge of crying.

"Tae- Taehyungie? Is that you?"

And that was it, Taehyung cried his eyes out.

"It's you. It's really you. Taehyungie, it's you." The man sobbed.

"J- Jin Hyung." Taehyung said.

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU SNEAKY LITTLE BASTARD, I WAS SO WORRIED-" Jin said.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, hyung. I'm a fucking coward. I- I couldn't save them. I couldn't-" Taehyung cried, remembering the night he ran away from the police and left his hyungs there.

"Taehyung, it was not your fault. How many times do I have to tell you that?" The elder said, more like scolded.

"Are you okay? How is Jimin? Are you both okay? They didn't get to you, right?"

"No, we're safe. What about you, Taehyung? Seriously, where are you?"

"I'm in Seoul."

"Bitch, I thought we planned on visiting Seoul together? You little shit-"

"Hyung, please scold me later. I need to tell you something." Taehyung said, in a serious tone.

"What is it? Did you do something? Tell me. Hyung will take care of it." Jin said, trying to reassure the younger.

"Someone else knows about us now."

"What-" Jin panicked a bit. "Okay. Alright, who is it?"

"It's a long story, hyung. I'll meet up and tell you. But I just want you to stay on your toes, please inform Jimin. Please be alert and safe, please."

"Yes. Don't worry, I'll tell him. What about Yeonjun?" Jin asked.

"He is alright. He is actually the one who passed the news on to me. He's safe, hyung. Don't worry."

"Okay. Right. So when will you meet us?"

"I have to do something first. I'll meet you after I'm done with it."

"What are you planning, Taehyung?" Jin spoke, he was worried for Taehyung.

"I have to do it, hyung. She knows too much."

"But, Taehyung-"

"I'm never risking our lives again, hyung. Not again. Not after-" He sucked in a deep breath. It was hard for him to say it.

"Just be careful, Taehyung."

"I will be, hyung." He replied and hung up.

He couldn't help it and let his mind wander off to the good old days.

-

"Are we good to go, Jin hyung?" Taehyung asked through his earpiece.