Chapter 6

In the shadows

Taehyung had planted cameras all over your house, even in your bathroom. He thanked himself so much. He tried his best not to be that monster, but you, you made him lose his control. He couldn't think straight anymore, you were the only thing on his mind.
He followed your car as you left the building, too happy and excited to recognize the car that followed you closely behind.
You drove to a fancy cafe nearby typically for dates. You didn't know why Hobi chose this cafe of all. The place was filled with couples both in and out, it kinda made you sick.
You scanned the area looking for your friend, and there he was, as handsome as ever. Standing there in a royal blue shirt, tucked into his skinny beige trousers.

"JUNG HOSEOK!!" You shouted.

"Y/N" He flashed a warm and bright smile at you. His eyes were literally shining.

You ran towards him and squeezed him with a tight hug. "Darling, I can't breathe." He said, struggling with your hug.

You let him go with a whine. "You missed me so much?" He asked throwing a hand over your shoulder.

"Of course I did. But you're the one who forgot me." You huffed and pouted.

"I missed you a lot too, but you know I've been busy with work." He said pulling you closer.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. You've been in talks, the most popular Korean-American. The most eligible bachelor. Blah blah blah." You rolled your eyes and teased him.

"Haha. Are you jealous?" He teased back.

"Why the hell would I be jealous?"

"I don't know. You tell me." He said, making eye contact with you.

"Stop acting weird, bitch." You slapped his hand that was on your shoulder.

"You're still the same. Just as I remember." He smiled, which looked a lot like blushing, it would have been weird if he wasn't your friend. You may have thought he had a crush on you or something, but you both have been friends since a long time now. Even though you suspected of him liking you or having a crush on you, you haven't been certain about your assumptions and never gave much thought to it.
It was better this way. You were sure you had no feelings for him and if he did the whole thing would just become awkward.

You both went to your reserved table which gave you much privacy and ordered the food as you sighed in relief. Hobi knew you didn't like being in crowds.

"So, what's up with you? It's really rare for you to be in town. I'm sure you're here for business." You said, drinking the water that was on your table.

"Yes. I'm here for something really important." He said smiling to himself.

"I knew it. Why else would you be here?" You stated.

"I heard about your engagement. I'm so sorry Y/n. I thought of calling but-"

"It's okay Hobi. But let's not talk about that okay? I have something more exciting to tell you." You held his hand squeezing it excitedly.

"Woah. Woah. What happened?" He asked equally excited.

"I JUST HAD THE BEST SEX OF MY ENTIRE LIFE WITH THE HOTTEST AND MOST HANDSOME MAN EVER." You squealed and everyone would have surely heard you, if not for the private area you were sitting in. Hobi mentally sighed and was grateful that he got this table reserved. He knew you too well and you did things like this often.

"Really? Are you dating this guy?" He asked a little less enthusiastically.

"No. It was a one night stand." You shrugged.

Taehyung was smiling until now but his smile dropped as soon as he heard this statement. He was in his car, listening to your entire conversation and watching both of you through the glass window of the cafe. He wasn't naive enough to not plant an audio bug in your wallet, which he knew you carry everywhere. You had quite a collection of purses, but this wallet was the only constant you carried everywhere. It had all your important belongings like driving license, a photo of your mother and your credit and debit cards. So he planted the audio bug inside the wallet cause he knew you wouldn't leave the house without this.

"Wow, you're into one night stands now? Huh?" Hobi crossed his arms in front of his chest as he leaned back on his chair.

"I guess so. This is much better. No commitments, just pleasure." You said.

"Ah I see. You're still not ready for commitment?" He asked looking down.

"Of course not, and I don't think I'll ever be." You said with sad smile.

"You should keep your heart open, Y/n." Hobi added. "The right person might be just around the corner."

"Maybe." You said, sipping on your drink. "How long you staying though?" You asked.

"A week, maybe longer. Depends." He said. "By the way, Y/n?" He said looking at you seriously.

"Hmm. What is it?" You said looking up at him.

"Before I leave I need you to meet me." He pleaded.

"Sure. But why?"

"I'll tell you when I meet you. It's important. Please?"

"Okay but where? And when?"

"I'll text you the details. Don't worry."

"Okay. You know I don't like suspense."

"Just this once. Please."

"Okay. Okay."

Taehyung laughed furiously at the whole conversation. You were really innocent. He was obviously either going to confess to you or propose you. How could you not realize that? Jung Hoseok was too obvious about being head over heels for you.

He sure had heard his name. It was a well-known name in the world of  business. He looked him up just to have more information on him.

Jung Hoseok, previously the heir to Jung Industries, now the owner. He was quite young when he inherited the company because both his parents and his younger brother had died in an accident. Actively involved in donations and charity events. No dating rumors or scandals. Went to high school with you and pursued higher studies abroad, London to be accurate. Now he stayed in America. What drew Taehyung's attention was, he suddenly left the country to pursue higher studies.

"Hmm. You're too clean, Jung Hoseok." Taehyung murmured. "And I cannot help but deduce that you have a dark side too." He smirked. "I'll find out about it, and sadly you won't ever be able to confess your feelings to my Y/n." He said with a sinister gaze.

"I'll make sure you don't."