Chapter 17

Bound

Everything was seemingly normal for the next few days. Taehyung would drop you off at office, pick you up, make sure you had your meals. He would even feed you when you would be busy on your laptop.

As much as you loved being babied, you didn't wanna grow more dependant on him. Because eventually you had to tell him the truth.

So, you started acting different, you were grateful but distant. Taehyung noticed that, like he always did.
He had his doubts and he was paying extra attention to everything you did.

"I'll be late today." You announced and Taehyung lowered volume of the TV and turned towards you from the couch.

"Why? Are they making you work extra shift again?"

"No it's my colleague's birthday. We'll eat out at a restaurant after office."

"Where is it? I can come pick you up." He offered.

"No it's okay. Don't worry."

"But what if it gets too late?"

"I'm a grown ass woman, Tae. I'll be fine." You said clearly agitated.

You couldn't help but think he was forcing himself into everything. You didn't even remember the last time you did something on your own, without him being around. At first it was fun, but now it clearly wasn't.

"Okay, love." He said with a sad baritone and you felt guilty and that's exactly how he wanted you to feel.

"Tae, I didn't mean it like that." You explained.

"No, princess. I get it."

You didn't have to tell him where you were going. He would be following you anyways.

-

"So you hired this guy to get info on Taehyung?" Jungkook asked Jina as they drove towards the private investigator's office.

"Yes." Jina nodded.

"Okay. And so far, we know Taehyung is most probably rich, he had Hoseok's phone, and a burner phone?"

"Yep."

"And this guy said he has some new info on him?" He asked and Jina nodded.
"Did it seem serious?" He added.

"I don't know. He just said he had something he needed to tell me." Jina explained.

Jungkook could notice how tensed Jina had become.

"Babe, don't worry. I'm here, okay? Let's hope we're wrong. Let's hope Taehyung is a nice guy." He said and Jina sighed.

She didn't know if she would be happy or disappointed if Taehyung indeed turned out to be a nice and clean guy. She just wanted the best for her best friend.

Jungkook held her close to him as they walked into the office together.

"Oh, you're here." The man with horn-rimmed spectacles said greeting them both.

"Yes. So what was it? What did you find?"

"Well, actually...." He took a deep breath and paused. Jina was growing impatient.

"He is clean." The man informed.

"What?"

"Yeah. I got nothing on him. He's clean."

-

You were with your coworkers in the bar. You partly lied to Taehyung. It wasn't anyone's birthday, your coworkers just had a plan to hangout.