Chapter 12

Close your eyes

Jina and Jungkook decided to watch a movie after having dinner with you and Taehyung. They were cuddled up on the couch, that's when Jina decided to tell Jungkook about what happened earlier.

"I find that Taehyung guy really weird."

"Why?" Jungkook said, tossing some popcorns into his mouth.

"What do you mean why? You didn't find him weird?"

"I didn't pay much attention but he seemed pretty decent to me." Jungkook said turning to Jina and saw her sulking. "Why? Did something happen?" He asked pausing the movie, giving all his attention to his girlfriend.

"I just- I saw him at the funeral. It felt like he knew Hobi already, and he didn't like him very much." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as she continued. "He was scoffing and huffing sarcastically all throughout the time Y/n was speaking. Like he didn't agree with what Y/n was saying." She explained.

"Babe, you might have misinterpreted it. Let's not think about it and watch the movie okay?" He said, taking Jina's hands in his and kissing it.

"Yeah, I guess you are right." Jina sighed.
But she was not convinced, she knew what she saw. But everyone seemed to think that Taehyung wasn't creepy or weird. She was the only one saying it. She could be wrong, right?

-

Jina woke up in the middle of the night and glanced beside her to see a snoring Jungkook. She smiled at his cuteness and stroked his messy hair.

2.37 am, the clock read.

She used the washroom and roamed around for a bit, she wasn't feeling sleepy.
Soon she found herself at the balcony. She would often come out to the balcony when she had trouble sleeping cause she loved it, the silence, moonlight seeping through the cloud, the night breeze touching her.
But unlike every other day, she saw a person out on the street, burning something. She squinted her eyes to get a clearer view and her eyes widened as she recognized the person. It was Taehyung.
What was he doing out there? What was he trying to burn? Her suspicions got the the best of her. She didn't wanna jump to conclusions, but if Taehyung was indeed a decent guy, she wouldn't find him doing anything fishy. And there was only one way to know the truth, to either confirm or discard the thoughts and opinions she had about the guy. So, she decided to go and confront Taehyung.

She put her hoodie and sweatpants on and went towards the elevator.
It was extremely cold outside and she just couldn't understand why Taehyung was out there in the middle of the night. What was he trying to burn so urgently?

"Hey! Taehyung" Jina called out for him.

"Hi." His cold aura always made Jina uncomfortable. "What are you doing out here so late?" He asked, not even glancing towards her.

"I couldn't sleep. Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"Just getting rid of something." He said in a low voice and Jina couldn't hear.

"What?" Jina asked again.

"Getting rid of trash." He spoke clearly, finally looking at Jina with a smile.

"Oh. Right. Okay." Jina sighed.

"I'm almost done though." He said turning to leave.

"Yeah it's cold out here. We should get inside." Jina suggested.

Taehyung just nodded and walked past her.

Jina's curiosity led her towards the fire. She peeked into it and saw the things that were being burnt. A burner phone, something that looked like a memory card and a smartphone. Her eyes went wide upon recognizing the smart phone.

It was Hobi's phone.

She recognized his phone from his social media accounts and she had also overheard the officers talking at the funeral about his phone missing. Even though the case had been closed as an accident due to drinking and driving, Hoseok's phone missing was a little suspicious for the police.

And here it was. Why does Taehyung have it? Even worse, why was he burning it? In the middle of the night?

Jina's head was spinning. Did Taehyung have something to do with Hoseok's death? Did Taehyung kill Hoseok?
All these thoughts were running inside Jina's mind.

"You not coming?" Taehyung's voice reached her ears, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah. Let's go." Jina quietly followed Taehyung back in.

Taehyung smirked as they both walked towards the building. He was really, really hoping that Jina wouldn't be bitchy  enough to take a sneak peek at what he was burning but she did.

Don't look there, Jina. Don't look. I don't wanna kill you. Just close your eyes, and keep walking.
These words were repeating in Taehyung's head, but to his disappointment, he turned back and found Jina near the fire, standing there with an expression of recognition as she looked at the contents that were being burned.

Taehyung had no choice left.

He would have to kill Jina, your best friend.