Maybe it's better this way

Pablo's POV

"What the fuck is going on here?!" Pedri asked looking angry and surprised at the same time.

"Pedri it's not what you think..."

"Not what I think?! You said that you will take Max out and go to Camila, but you are here with MY BEST FRIEND!"

"Pedri let us explain..." I said but Pedri cut me off.

"I heard everything!"

"First it's rude to spy on someone!" Tamy said.

"You two are unbelievable!"

"No Pedri, you are unbelievable! You..."

"TAMARA ENOUGH! Home NOW!"

"But..."

"NOW!"

She walked away with Max angrily. I watched her as she left, but then I  looked at Pedri.

"I can't believe Pablo..."

"Listen Pedri..."

"I don't wanna listen to you! I don't have to! We had one rule, just one rule! And you broke it!"

"But Pedri..."

"I thought we are best friends...."

"Pedri we are, but..."

"No, you are wrong! We WERE best friends... But not anymore..." he said and started walking away.

"Pedri stop!"

"Don't talk to me!"

And with that he just walked away. I stood there in shock.

What have we done?! What are we gonna do now?! I don't wanna break up with Tamy, but I don't wanna lose Pedri as friend too...

***

I went home, thinking about what just happened... Everything is ruined... Everything is over... Pedri knows now.
I wanted to text Tamy to see how is she, but I was scared that she wouldn't respond to me... Or Pedri would see my message.

Fuck it, I sent her. Just like I thought, she didn't respond to me. I waited for 2 more hours, but nothing. Maybe she is mad at me? What if she wants to break up with me?! What will I do?!

***

I was in my bed, even though I couldn't sleep. I was just staring at the ceiling and thinking about her...
Suddenly...notification on my phone. I took my phone right away.

_______________________________________

Mi Tamy😻

Me
Tamy are you okay?

Me
What did Pedri say?

Me
Please tell me if he shouted at you! I'll explain him everything tomorrow, don't worry!

Mi Tamy😻
It's okay Pablo

Mi Tamy😻
It's over now

Me
No, it's not over! We will make this work!

_______________________________________

Then she called me.

"Hello!"

"Hey..."

"I promise you Tamy, we will get out of this, everything will be fine..."

"Pablo... It's not that easy..."

"Wha...what...What do you mean?"

"Pedri is mad... Not just mad, he doesn't talk to me now... He doesn't want to listen to me... It's over..."

"No it's not! He will understand, it's just a shock for him, I mean we..."

"Pablo..."

"Tamy please..."

"Pablo... I don't think we will make this work."

"We will, I promise to you!"

"I love you..."

"I love you too and you know that, but...But we can't... We mustn't..."

"Who said that?!"

"Pedri... I don't want to ruin your friendship..."

"You are not ruining anything, I want this! I want US!"

"Maybe... Maybe it's better if I stay away from you..."

"What are you saying, are you drunk?!"

"I'm serious... Maybe it's better that way..."

"But Tamy..."

"I love you Pablo..."

She hung up on me... I tried to call you, but she turned down my call.
Did we just... Break up?!

I felt my ears burning with rage... I threw my phone on floor and ran downstairs. What have I done?! Why did she have to be like that?! I'm not scared to face Pedri! I want us! I want us to be together, no matter what!

I would argue with Pedri, if it's worth to have her! I want her... I need her...
I have never felt like this ever before. I was angry and mad at myself. I should have been more careful! I felt my eyes fill with tears... Then a cold tear rolled down my cheek.

I love her...

Tamara's POV

"Pedri you have to listen to me!"

"I'm not gonna listen to a lier! You ere lying to me all this time!"

"I wasn't!"

"Oh really?! Since when?!"

"What?"

"Since when are you together?!"

I stood there for a moment. Should I tell him...

"ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTION!"

"Since you left to Italy..."

"3 MONTHS?!"

"I PLANED TO TELL YOU SOON!"

"WHEN?! WHEN WAS THAT SUPPOST TO HAPPEN?!"

"Soon..."

"Tamara enough! I told you to do one simple thing... One simple thing..."

"Pedri I couldn't help it!"

"IT'S OUR RULE! SINCE FOREVER!"

"But I love him!"

"You mean you loved him!"

"No I mean I love him!"

"HE IS MY BEST FRIEND!"

"AND MY BOYFRIEND!"

"Not anymore..."

"You can't do this to me!"

"I said what I have to say! Go to sleep now!"

"Pedri..."

"GO!"

I stormed off angrily. I threw myself on the bed ans started crying. He can't do this! I heard that I got messages, but I didn't want to look at them.

After 2 hours of crying and thinking, I decided to look at me phone. Messages from Pablo... I responded to him and then called him...

***

Maybe it's better this way... Cold tears rolled down my cheeks as I hung up. I can't do this to him... I can't stand between them... They are friends longer than we are together.

But I don't wanna do this! I don't wanna break up with him...

I love him...