The Tension is Here

Waking up in the morning is amazing. I wake up in the arms of my love in our home and I'm so happy. I think about my life before I met Nash and I thought I was happy then but now I know what true happiness feels like. I try to get out of bed so that I can shower but Nash's arms tighten around me. I turn in his arms and give him a gentle kiss on his forehead and another one on his cheek. He smiles and then opens his beautiful blue eyes to meet mine.

"I love waking up next to you," he rasps out and I lean in a press a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love waking up to you too," I reply and he pulls me closer and buries his face in my neck.

"Fuck the Senate, I want to stay in bed with you." He murmurs and his hand rubs my chest gently. I can tell he's not kidding, it's Friday so if he takes today off then we have a 3 day weekend and we can cuddle all we want. Nash hasn't ever missed a day at least since I've been working with him. I reach over and grab my phone to send a message to the rest of the staff in his office that Nash will not be there today and so everyone has a day off. I know they'll probably be happy for the 3 day weekend as well.

I relax back in his arms and I just think about how happy I am. I think about how things were when I first started working with him. I remember being so nervous and scared to meet him, I wanted him so much in the beginning but he was married and I thought he was straight. My mind wanders to the day we first kissed and met in the hotel for the first time. It was just a pure sexual relationship, no feelings involved but then I fell in love with him. He was so emotionally closed off to me until that weekend we spent together in the hotel room. It was the first time he was so sweet and tender with me and it gave me hope that he actually loved me too.

It's so much more amazing now that we're together and this is our home. There's no Lea to ruin my day, it's just him and I. I really want to send her a thank you card but she might figure out who sent it and I'm not risking Nash's career just so that I can be petty.

I know he hasn't fallen back asleep because he's still caressing my chest and I get a random idea to get a dog.

"Baby, I want a dog..." I tell him and he pulls away from my neck and looks up at me.

"We can get a dog, Cam if that's what you want," he says and I nod immediately.

"I think a rescue dog would be nice, I don't like supporting puppy mills." I reply and he nods in agreement.

We spend a lazy morning in bed, cuddling and kissing then we get up and showered. I make us breakfast and then we head to the local humane society. I fall in love with a husky, the workers there recognize Nash and so I have to take the role of the assistant. I knew this would happen so when I stop by the husky and look down at it, Nash knows that this is the dog I want.

Nash takes some pictures with the employees that ask for it. The manager of the society comes out to meet Nash and it becomes a photo op. I know we are just here to adopt a dog but it's also really good publicity for Nash because it shows that he supports adoption rather than purchasing a dog.

After all of the pictures, including one where Nash is greeting the husky, we finally head home with our new dog.

"I want to name him Jaxx," I tell Nash as he drives us home. I turn and look at the husky who is on the back seat. All of Nash's car windows are blacked out, we don't want people knowing who's in the car. We stop by the pet store to get supplies for Jaxx, I enter the store while Nash waits in the car and I come back with a lot of bags filled with things for our dog.

I might have gone a bit overboard but I don't care. We spend the rest of the afternoon getting to know our dog. He seems happy to be gone from the humane society and he's actually a very smart dog. He has a lot of energy and when I take him out to our back yard he takes off running. They told us he is house trained but it's a new environment so I want to make sure he's trained for our home.