And If You Stay

It's insane how much I miss Nash when I'm not around him, I find it hard to fall asleep when all I can think about is him. I can't wait until morning so that Nash can fulfill his promise.

After a lot of struggle I finally fall asleep, I wake up a few times during the night and I can't wait until we're living together and he's beside me. It'll be like that weekend we spent in North Carolina.

I rush around in the morning and stop by to get our coffee before heading to the Hill. I drop of my things at the office I'm so early that Nash isn't even here yet. I make copies of my templates and type up notes of all the tasks I do and how I do them.

I walk to Gilinsky' office and when I knock on the door he opens it immediately. I peak around and I don't see his assistant, I'm instantly uncomfortable with the situation.

"Come in," he greets me and I just hold the papers out.

He smirks as he pulls me into his office and closes the door behind us.

"I just want to give you these and then be on my way Senator Grier and I have some things to do before his first meeting," I tell him nervously. He towers over me, kind of like Nash does.

He licks his lips and I'm sure to anyone else it would be sexy as hell but I only have eyes for Nash.

"A little bird told me you might swing the other way. And we both know that Nash is as straight as they come, look at who he married. Maybe that will persuade you to come work for me. It doesn't have to be a transfer, just quit and I'll hire you," he says, coming close to me and I back away.

This is exactly the situation I wanted to avoid.

"I don't think so," I say averting my eyes. "I'm happy where I am, thank you."

"Are you thought? You wanted to transfer not too long ago, you even told me you would have enjoyed working with me. You were definitely giving me hints that you're interested in me." He tells me and I shake my head.

"Where's your assistant?" I ask trying to mask my alarm.

"Johnson? He won't be here until nine. Plenty of time for us to get to know each other," he propositions and my mind races as I think about how to extricate myself from this situation.

"Listen, I don't want to get to know you. I only stopped by to help you out, that's it. I'm not interested and I'm already in a relationship with a person I love very much. I would never do anything to jeopardize that," I tell him bluntly but Jack is not fazed by my statement.

"I don't give up easily, Cameron. Especially when I really really want someone," he says with a smile on his face. He touches my cheek gently and I jerk my head away.

"It doesn't matter if you don't give up easily I will never leave my boyfriend." I say firmly and when I open his office door he grips my arm tightly. I am so relieved when I see Nash standing there. He looks furious.

"Cameron, please go back to the office, I'll meet you there." He says with barely restrained anger. I look at him with wide eyes, I don't want him to blow our cover. I don't know if Gilinsky can be trusted.

"Nash..." I say softly and I try to communicate with my eyes.

"It'll be fine, Cameron. I'll see you in a few minutes." He says and he sounds more calm so I nod and head back to the office. Nash steps inside the office and closes the door behind him. I go back to the office and I grab my coffee, I sit at my desk and power on my computer as I take sips. I reschedule his morning appointments, I can't wait until he's back. Freaking Gilinsky is at fault for making me wait longer. I wonder what Nash is going to say to him, hopefully it works and he leaves me alone.