Define:Addiction

It's interesting that my work place relationship with Nash doesn't change at all. It's not awkward and when we're working it has our complete attention. But Friday nights I am his. He's not ever really affectionate and that's okay, I know he's married, I know we can't ever be more than what we are right now. But that doesn't stop me from falling in love. It doesn't stop me from getting addicted to him, to his touch, to the way I can make him lose control.

When I'm in my small room at night he's all I think about, I can't take him out of my mind.

We end up meeting earlier and earlier until we just meet at the hotel right after work and spend the whole evening together.

My internship is coming to an end and I know that Alexa's days are numbered, I don't think she realizes that or else she wouldn't be so complacent with letting me do the majority of the work she used to do while she answers the phone and escorts people into Nash's office for a meeting.

I know Nash definitely never gave her access to his email and his electronics, but he gave them to me. He trusts me completely and I feel proud of that fact.

I walk into the outer office carrying our coffee, it's the last day of my internship. Alexa makes some comments about how she needs to be prepared tomorrow to resume her previous duties. I thought she was a lot smarter than she actually ended up being.

I knock on his door and enter after he gives me permission. He hasn't told me outright that he's firing Alexa and replacing her with me but I know it's a given. It's not just me having a big head, I just know that the quality of my work if far superior to Alexa's.

I sit down and place his coffee in front if him.

"Good morning," he murmurs and I sip on my coffee as I take out my laptop.

"Good morning, Nash." I reply and I start reading through his emails, I forward the ones that important to his real email and delete the ones that aren't.

"We have that presentation on the bill I'm coauthoring tomorrow afternoon, I want to do the final edits today. Maybe after the session. You don't mind staying late, right?" He looks up at me and I smile at him.

"Of course not," I tell him and he nods to himself.

"I'm firing Alyssa tonight, so you can bring your stuff tomorrow morning, okay?" He asks and I can't stop my chuckle and he looks at me. "What?"

I think about correcting him but I'm petty and I kind of want Alexa to know how inconsequential she is to Nash, he doesn't even remember her name.

"Alyssa was just telling me this morning that she's coming prepared to resume her usual duties. It's just ironic that she's actually getting fired." I comment and he studies me but doesn't say anything.

Our day goes by as normal and I'm packing up my bad when Alexa comes out of Nash's office with tears in her eyes.

"This is all your fucking fault," she says accusingly and I shrug at her.

"If you did your job the right way then maybe you wouldn't be in this predicament. You were a lazy assistant and Nash just got tired of hiring incompetent people so he gave up looking. But now he has me so he no longer needs you." I tell her flatly and none of what I say is a lie.

She starts to pack her things as I finish gathering my things. I'm walking by her when she sinks her claws into my arm. She raises her hand to slap me but a hand stops her mid air.

"You might want to rethink your decision Amelia." Nash says coldly and he drops her arm. She looks at Nash with wide eyes and even I'm taken back by the quiet fury on his face.