Life Is A Dream

This past week was definitely the week from hell. Nash was in a furious mood for the majority of the week because of all the blackmailing the RNC is trying to do to force Nash to add that rider to the bill. I wonder why they chose Nash's bill of all the ones that are going to be voted on and I concluded that it's probably because Nash has the votes from both the Democrats and Republicans and so it will pass without any issue.

I want to know exactly what's going on with everything but I don't ask Nash again, he's already explained himself once and I know he'll get annoyed with me if I ask again. I sit at my desk doing my work, Nash is in his office but he has an important conference call so I'm not sitting in there with him. I work on his schedule for next week, arranging meetings in between sessions can get a little tedious.

Someone clears their throat and I look up. I frown and I'm surprised that Lea would show her face here especially since they're divorced.

"Can I help you?" I ask with a bored tone, she doesn't intimidate me.

"I'm here to see Senator Grier," she says and I know she recognizes me her tone of voice is a little cold but I don't care what she thinks about me. She's not as well put together as she used to be. All of the stuff that Nash donated was expensive clothing.

"I'm sorry, he's occupied at the moment," I tell her truthfully, but even if he wasn't I still wouldn't let her in.

"It's very important," she says and I have resist the urge to roll my eyes at her.

"He has a very important conference right now but I can take a message," I say and she huffs, she crosses her arms.

"Then I'll wait until he comes out," she states and her attitude is annoying me. She acts like she has power here and the truth is she never any. I return to my work and ignore her presence in the office.

Nash leaves his office and he stops when he sees Lea sitting on a chair. He raises an eyebrow at her and she stands, she actually looks nervous and Nash glances at me. I don't make eye contact with him, I want him to decide what he wants to do.

He turns and enters the office with Lea following behind him. They stay in there for thirty minutes and I'm about to enter his office with a bogus reason when she exits the office. Her eyes are red and I catch a glimpse of tear tracks. As soon as she's gone I go into Nash's office, he's standing at the window, staring outside. I close and lock the door behind, I go up to him and rub his shoulders gently, he turns and looks at me.

He looks upset and I'm pissed that Lea came in and added more stress on top of the stress he is already under.

"Why did she come see you?" I ask him and he wraps his arms around my waist. He gives me a short kiss on my lips and I can feel him relax.

"She's pregnant," he states and I frown,I'm know it's not Nash's so what did she expect Nash would do?

"And?" I ask and he sighs. I tilt my head at him as I wait for the answer.

"She wanted help. Apparently she left the art model and is now on her own. Her parents are very conservative and traditional, they aren't going to help her. She has no real skills so she's having a hard time finding a job," he says and I roll my eyes at her audacity.

"And what did you tell her?" I ask and when he doesn't answer immediately, I worry.

"I wrote her a check," he says and I bite my lip. I can't tell Nash what to do with his money but it's kind of annoying that she managed to get money out of him. Even if the money he gives her allows her to stay afloat for a while she'll eventually either need more money or she'll have to find a job. If she continues to come to Nash for money and he give it to her then I would be annoyed. He doesn't owe anything to her and she has no shame,she'll keep coming back for more.