All This Time

2 months have passed by since Nash and I got back together and he filed for divorce. Lea has left him alone and he should receive notice that his divorce is finalized any day now. We're looking at houses to buy like Nash wants, even though I'm poor and can't contribute anything he wants me to pick our new home. He claims he can live where ever with me and he wants me to have my dream house. He also claims there's no budget but I'm trying to find something in the mid hundred thousands.

I click through houses and while there are some nice ones, there's nothing that really catches my eye. I decided to take off the price cap and I look through houses, I find one that makes me fall in love right away from just the pictures. It's 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom modern mansion that has a theater an inground pool with a built in jacuzzi. It's 2.5 million, no wonder it's so beautiful. I sigh sadly because there's no way we'd ever get that house.

I send a text to Nash with the link of house. I want to tease him a little bit for telling me there's no budget.

Me- baby, I want this one. Remember when you said no budget? How does 2.5million sound?

Nash is in a meeting with the committee of Homeland Security, I hate when he has to attend that particular committee because they always run long. My phone buzzes a few minutes later.

Nashy💕- that house looks beautiful, baby. Make an appointment with the realtor, we'll take a look at it in person. And there really is no budget, why aren't you taking me serious when I say that? You're adorable and I love you 😘

How is 2.5 million affordable for Nash? I'm poor, I can't really contribute much with my salary and my student loans. I feel guilty that it's all on Nash, he told me not to worry about it, he just wants to fall asleep next to me and I want that too. I want it so badly that I can't bring myself to argue about him paying for the house, I just want him.

I book the appointment with the realtor like Nash said, I'll have to play the part of assistant and not boyfriend but that's okay.

I sit at my desk and think about the past couple of months, Gilinsky has been watching us but I in turn have been watching him. I see how his assistant looks at him, it's the same way I look at Nash. It's the same adoring gaze of love and devotion, I wonder if Gilinsky has even noticed.

There's a knock on the main office door, I frown slightly because I'm not expecting anyone. The door opens and I look towards it expectantly, it's Gilinsky.

Fuck. What does he want?

He gives me a smirk as he approaches the desk, he's brazen enough to come around and sit on the desk very close to me. The only person I feel comfortable with sitting that close is Nash. I don't let him see how uncomfortable I am, I refuse to give him that power over me.

"Yes, Senator?" I ask calmly and his brown eyes study me as he remains quiet. I raise an eyebrow at him and fight to keep my body language relaxed. I double majored in Psychology and Political Science, I always believed they go hand in hand, my choice is paying off for me now. I can read the Senator's intentions and I know he's about to blackmail me. My mind races even as I appear calm as I try to find a way out of this situation.

"Rumor on the Hill is that Senator Grier has filed for divorce," he comments casually and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"I don't like to get into my employer's personal life, Senator." I lie and I know I'm convincing when he tilts his head in confusion.

"Or is he divorcing her because he's having an affair with you?" He murmurs and I let out an abrupt laugh that throws him off. My laugh sounds like what he just said is so ridiculous that I couldn't control my laughter.