Chapter 21: Agony

Start from the beginning

Harry then realized that this was a boggart. Pointing his wand at it, he said, "Riddikulus!" The dementor turned into a puff of smoke and sunk back into the chest. Harry then rushed over to Raven, who was shaking and whimpering.

"Raven, hey!" Harry said, kneeling down to him. "It's just a boggart, it's not real!" He tried shaking him to get his attention, but it wasn't working. Harry then came up with something that would snap him out of his trance. He raised his hand and...

Slap!

Harry slapped Raven across the face which seemed to bring him back to reality. Raven turned his face back towards Harry. "You back?" Harry asked.

"Ow..." Raven groaned holding his cheek.

"Sorry, it was the only way I could get your attention." Harry said.

"It's alright, thanks, Harry." Raven said, then looked over to the chest. He pointed his wand at it and said, "Glacius!" The chest froze. "Bombarda!" The chest exploded into a thousand little ice shards. "I hate boggarts."

"I thought you had overcome your boggart?" Harry questioned.

"No, I never did." Raven said. I don't think I ever will. He thought.

"Then how did you get full marks in Defense against the Dark Arts last year?" Harry asked.

"Professor Lupin didn't make me face my boggart." Raven replied. "He said it wasn't something I should see ever again...and I was hoping I didn't have to."

Harry felt bad for his friend. "Can you stand?" He asked extending his hand.

"Yeah, but I'll need a minute." Raven replied. "You go on ahead."

"You sure?" Harry asked.

"Yeah." Raven said softly. "Thank you for the assist, Harry." He smiled.

"Alright, good luck." Harry said and started making his way to the path where Raven came from.

"Harry, go that way." Raven said pointing to the path that neither of them came from. "I came from the direction you're heading."

"Right, thanks." Harry said then headed down the uncharted path.

After a few minutes, Raven got up and headed in the same direction. He continued walking with no obstacles in his way, until he came upon an area surrounded by creatures he never expected to see. "Inferi." He quietly gasped.

What the hell? He thought. How are Inferi here? Something was definitely not right. Inferi can only be created through Necromancy which is Dark magic. Did Snape or Karkaroff create these? He wasn't worried about any creatures finding their way out of the maze since not only was his mum attending, but Dumbledore and most of the other teachers were there, so no one would get hurt.

The four Inferi that were there spotted Raven, and screeched and charged at him. Raven luckily knew what to do to stop an Inferi. Once they gathered close enough to him, Raven made a flame movement with his wand and said, "Incendio!"

All four of the Inferi were set aflame, and gave awful screeches. They ran around the area screaming until they eventually turned to ash. "Something feels off." Raven mumbled looking at the Inferi ashes.

Keeping himself on even higher alert after his Inferi encounter, Raven eventually came upon a creature standing in his path, and he recognized the creature to be a sphinx.

Move! Raven commanded in his mind, hoping to get the sphinx to move. He had wasted enough time and felt like he was falling behind the others.

"That won't work on me, boy." The sphinx said.