#17 ; "do you believe in soulmates?"

2:04 pm

(Play keep me by novo amor)

"WE BOTH DON'T EVEN SLEEP ANYMORE" Y/N CHUCKLED AS THEY PUT THE PICNIC BASKET DOWN ON THE SAND. It had been a month since they got together and they've both been pretty happy to how things were, y/n and suna were having the best time of their lives with each other by their sides. The spring air hit their faces as soon as they sat down on the blanket, "i kinda miss going to the train station you know?" suna said inhaling the fresh air.

"Yeah, it has been a while since we went there" she shrugged while the boy turned to her and went to lay down on her lap, "you wanna visit it later?" suna says while playing with the strands of her hair that was getting blown by the air, "well it would be pretty fun to visit the place we kissed for the first time" she chuckles also playing with his hair, "your hair grew long, i noticed" y/n added still looking at his forehead he nods in reply, "you think i should get a haircut?" suna asked and y/n's eyebrows moved in a confused expression.

"no, i wanna see how you look like when you have long hair, have you tried long hair before?"

"nah, i personally can't deal with my bangs hanging around my face"

"but this time try to make it long okay? ooh i know, maybe when we broke up which i hope not, you get your hair cut" she said before suna held her hand from touching his hair, "don't say it like that, it feels like this is a pre breakup date and your telling me your last wishes or something" suna grew a sad expression as y/n chuckled at, "im not saying we're gonna breakup, i mean just in case. so you wouldn't have any reminders of me"

By then suna was already tearing up, "stop it you're making me cry" he said before a tear escaped his eye, "STOP DON'T CRY, i don't mean im gonna breakup with you stop" y/n said laughing at him lightly, as she brought him closely, "im not gonna breakup with you, don't worry"

"well you better not cause im gonna cry myself to sleep every day, maybe i wouldn't even have the energy to get up in the morning knowing i don't have a y/n and rental store to look forward to going in the middle of the night" he hugged her tight and she did too, y/n said nothing and just carresed his back trying to stop him from crying, "shh you're such a baby" she chuckled.

After a while of more comforting and whining, they finally started to lay the food and eat. "wow you're actually really good at cooking" y/n said as suna beemed at her, "oh wait here, i have something for you." she tooked out a cake holder from another picnic basket and put it in front of him, "you bought cake??" suna looked at y/n with shocked eyes "i made it, actually" she smiles at him in reply.

"WHAAAA REALLY??? I DIDN'T KNOW YOU BAKE"

"my mom owns a bakery and i helped her out when i was a kid so i kind of mastered it" she shrugged, "it's strawberry cheesecake by the way" she added as he still looked at the cake in full on shock on his face. They both cut a piece for both and as suna tooked a bite of the cake his face lit up like he won on the lottery.

"THIS IS THE BEST STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE I'VE EVER TASTED" he exclaimed after another bite, y/n laughed at his reply. She looked at him as he stood up from the blanket, he held out his hand and pulled y/n up, she thought that she turned her camera off but in reality it was up and running. They spun around the sand, laughing and enjoying the weather, it wasn't hot and it wasn't cold either, it was just right.

The wind blew on y/n's hair and you could see her face fully, while suna was just staring at her and laughing as they both spun and spun until they couldn't even see each other. The both of them were just laughing and enjoying each other's company.

After a few minutes of calming down, and trying to get the dizziness suna spoke, "hey, do you believe in soulmates?" y/n turned to him for a second, staring and processing what he said, she looked down on the sand and soon on the waves, "i think, it's possible." she answered, and he nodded slowly.

"i think there's a red thin string wrapped around the two's fingers, it kinda sounds silly i know but it's pretty interesting" he looked at the waves splashing on the sand.

"well if there's a red string that's wrapped around my finger right now, I'd follow it and im positive it'll lead me to you" she said without any expression on her face, just looking out for the big waves.

Meanwhile suna's heart was pounding, he didn't expect he'd act like this when someone says that their soulmate was him, he couldn't make his heart stop from beating fast, somehow this feeling gave him more adrenaline rush than where he was riding at that same roller coaster he rode with y/n, this time it's less scary, but for some reason it gave him more energy.

Y/n turned to him and blinked, "are you okay?" he reassured her that he was by nodding, they stayed at the beach for another hour, just walking around and messing with each other. The whole time y/n's camera was filming their precious moment without them even knowing.

They drove by the train station after going to a cafe, they walked around and saw their favorite bench infront of them. Suna still couldn't stop thinking of what y/n said earlier but it wasn't because it was a bad thing, but it was because it was the most meaningful words he had gotten all his life. They sat down as trains went by, suna stood up and held out his hands to y/n gesturing her to stand up, there wasn't much people on the station so he wanted to make their time there memorable, again.

As soon as y/n stood up, suna pulled her towards him but he still left a space between their faces. Her eyes widen from the force, "i like you. so much." suna said and y/n blinked. This feeling they gave each other just by words was probably the best feeling they have ever had.

"i like you. more than you do." as soon as suna heard those words he couldn't stop himself anymore, he pulled her towards him and kissed her with all the feelings he was feeling right there and there, the way they both made each other feel like they were the only people in the world was priceless, everything goes on slow motion everytime they show each other how they really felt.

"Have you told her about your career and family problem suna? i warned you about this before, i told you as soon as your relationship is getting serious tell her. you can't just disappear when it's time to go." osamu said swirling the wine around the his glass as atsumu nodded in agreement. "i know but it's hard, it's so hard to open up" he sighed.

Suna's career in volleyball was taking off, his manager told him that going abroad is probably the best bet for him, but he never really wanted to go, he found excuses everytime he was needed to go, but at the same time he couldn't keep on lying anymore, he still needed the money he's gonna earn, he still needed it for his mom.

His mom has colorectal cancer, and she badly needs surgery, suna had enough money for it but he needs her to get out alive, y/n asked for his parents once but it was back then when they still weren't dating, so he just lied about them being always away and quickly changed the topic. He wanted her to know about it but he couldn't seem to bring it up. His mom was in the US to get treatment by good doctors and his sister visits their mom while she study there as well, meanwhile his dad already left when he was little.

"just, be careful suna." osamu sighed and suna looked up at the ceiling. 'keep me in your arms for a little bit longer.' he thought.