xxxvii. i think this might be the end pt. 2

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN ───────────
✧₊˚。({  I THINK THIS MIGHT BE THE END PT.2  })

"  fate     H

" fate H.E.R. "

{ ROMA }
JULY 1ST, 2010
──────────

SLEEP. SLEEP. SLEEEEEP. SHE NEEDS sleep. Now. Not some random assessment of Leo, Frank, and Hazel's quest underground with the eidolons chasing after them. Her head lulls atop Elora's shoulder. They're sitting on the floor, leaning against the walls of the ship. The English girl pats her knee condescendingly but Roma doesn't care at that particular moment. She just cares about sleeping and avoiding Percy for the rest of her life.

          But Elora is a hypocrite. Her own head lies against Jason's shoulder. He feeds her grapes and nectar from time to time. On any normal day, she would've resolutely refused. She's as competent as the next man, she'd say. But she's too weak to refuse anything at the moment.

          Nico sits across from them against the mast with Hazel force-feeding him ambrosia. He seems to be in worse shape than Elora. And no wonder. She hadn't been stuck in a jar with no air for a week.

          Leo and Frank talk about one thing or another. Spheres and visions and bronze mirrors. Whatever. Roma doesn't care enough to listen.

          Percy crouches down by Piper who's sitting a few feet away from them pressing an ice-packed cloth to her injured shoulder. "You alright?"

          Piper sends him a grim smile. "It'll heal. All three of you kicked ass."

          Jason elbows the boy with a grin. "We're not a bad team," he says, glancing between him and Roma. "Although, you did leave me hanging at the end. What were you doing anyway?"

          Roma avoids Percy's careful glance. "You know," she shrugs. "Arguing. The usual."

          Elora snorts. "That's not what it looked like to me."

          Roma rolls her eyes. "Shut up. You're annoying."

          "I know, Roma darling. It's on purpose."

          "There it is!" Leo points at the monitor on the helm. "Frank, you're amazing! I'm setting the course."

          Frank looks embarrassed by the praise. "I just read the name off the screen. Some Chinese tourist marked it on Google Maps."