xxxiv. percy has a thing for drowning me

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR ───────────
✧₊˚。({  PERCY HAS A THING FOR DROWNING ME  })

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR ───────────✧₊˚。({  PERCY HAS A THING FOR DROWNING ME  })

" the heart wants what it wants SELENA GOMEZ "

{ PERCY }
JULY 1ST, 2010
──────────

PERCY DOESN'T KNOW WHY HE decides to go through with it: the single most stupidest thing he's ever done in his life. Probably the boldest too. On the outside, he probably looked confident as fuck but on the inside, he was literally dying.

He should've just left his curiosity alone. He hadn't needed an answer before now. But when Audrey and Gregory had taken Annabeth away on that Vespa scooter, he'd finally let himself think about Roma. Really think about her. About his feelings for her and about her feelings for him. He didn't know whether people were bullshitting him or whether she really did like him. Sometimes he did consider the possibility and other times he found the idea so unbelievably stupid he had to stop himself from hoping.

But he still had to know. He had to know her reaction to him. And he'd like to say he regretted doing it. But he didn't. Because touching her was probably the most euphoric feeling he's ever felt in his life.

▃▃

{ ROMA }
────────────

COACH HEDGE FINDS WAY TOO much enjoyment in kicking the coconuts out of the Argo II's hull. She watches him do so from a park bench a few yards away. He sounds like he's in a fight with the Minotaur and losing. Roma hides a smirk behind her hand and rests her chin in her palms. She catches a glimpse of Jason and Piper sitting on a picnic blanket behind a pine tree. She doesn't sit with them for one obvious reason. Piper. She's been avoiding her like the plague ever since the kiss. She doesn't want to embarrass her and . . . well, she doesn't want to embarrass herself either.

There's a birthday cake in between the two. Jason's seventeen today, she recalls. Took him long enough. Everyone else in the group is either fifteen or sixteen. She's the oldest by two and a half months.

A bird flies overhead and distracts her. She ends up staring at the Colosseum in the distance. It's amazing. Rome can now be ticked off of her checklist of places to go. She'd probably come back here though. It's not like she has time to go site-see, right now.

She fidgets with a gold knife in her hand, swinging it in random directions and staring at some spot in the sky. Many people send her cautious looks and give her a wide berth. She probably looks crazy.