xxviii. the venus hate club

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT ───────────
✧₊˚。({ THE VENUS HATE CLUB })

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT ───────────✧₊˚。({  THE VENUS HATE CLUB  })

movies     CONAN GRAY  "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 27TH,  2010
──────────

ROMA IS THINKING OF GETTING a tattoo when Frank barrels into the mess hall looking worse for wear. Leo was the one who'd got her thinking about them. She doesn't know why she ended up hanging out with him. At first, she was following Jason around trying to get him to talk to her. Trying to explain why she hadn't told him about the Greeks. He wasn't having it. Kept making excuses about talking to Hazel or catching up with Grace. Strangely, Piper wasn't included in any of these excuses. She wondered if they'd gotten into a fight. Not that it mattered, right now. Roma had gotten the message. Fuck off.

          So she did.

          She somehow ended up absentmindedly watching Leo fiddle about with some stuff while eating pizza in the mess hall. Every few minutes he'd ask her to pass him something from her side of the table. One time, she hadn't realized her powers were on until she accidentally passed him a wrench that was pulsing red with impetuous heat. She went to jerk it away from him but he'd grabbed it like it was nothing and began using it to tighten a screw which eventually started to melt. He stopped and frowned at it and then at her. She went to halfheartedly apologize but he was already distracted.

          He grabbed her wrist and examined the glowing in her hands with incredible fascination.

          "We're totally matching!" he'd said, holding up his hand and summoning fire which precariously danced across his fingertips.

          Whoever trusted Leo freaking Valdez with pyrokinetic powers is probably the dumbest god she's ever heard of.

          Annoyingly though, Leo is very good at controlling his power. Better than her anyway. She keeps accidentally melting the door handle to her room. It's basically a shapeless lump of metal attached to the door now.

          She and Leo played a game to see who could melt a metal bolt the fastest. Roma won both times despite having no control over the heat of her hands.

          "Beginners luck," Leo said with a taunting grin, stuffing the melted bolts into his belt. He noticed the broken watch on her wrist. "Nice watch," he commented wryly. The glass face was barely recognizable. All that fighting took a toll on it.