xvii. fuck death, fuck alcyoneus, fuck gaea

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ───────────
✧₊˚。({  FUCK DEATH, FUCK ALCYONEUS, FUCK GAEA  })

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ───────────✧₊˚。({  FUCK DEATH, FUCK ALCYONEUS, FUCK GAEA  })

" disco inferno THE TRAMMPS "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 24TH, 2010
──────────

SO . . . THE GROUND JUST SWALLOWED Percy and Hazel. That's the only way she can describe it without sounding metaphorical. Because it's true. They literally sank into the ground. What the fuck?!

          She'd woken up this morning feeling impossibly better than she had this entire quest. Her headache was basically nonexistent and the pain in her shoulder had subsided to a minor throb. She felt as good as one can be when they wake up on the day of their inevitable death.

          And then this shit happens and suddenly her head doesn't feel as nice now.

          "Um━"

          "Help me, Roma!" Frank frustratedly calls out. He's currently pulling his bow with all his might to keep it from also sinking to the ground. The bow just so happens to be attached to Hazel who's hopefully got Percy who's hopefully not dead.

          Roma snaps out of her reverie and grabs onto the bow too. "When are we supposed to pull them out?"

     "I don't know, Hazel said she'd give me a signal," Frank replies breathlessly.

          Roma stares at the liquid-like ground. "They've been down there for over a minute."

          Frank looks terrified. "I don't━ What if she doesn't have Percy? We can't just pull her up without him!" he pauses. "But what if she's running out of air? Oh gods, we need to━"

          The bow slides in her grip and her head snaps back to the ground to see the bow moving slightly. "Ay shit! Pull them up!" she shouts frantically.

          With one great heave, the other half of their team burst from the ground like a bird hatching from its egg. Hazel's breathing is ragged and her hands shake fiercely, Frank immediately runs towards her, discarding his bow. Percy coughs incessantly, trying to choke up the mud stuck in his throat.

          "Oh gods! Oh gods! Oh gods!" Frank yells in panic.

          "Calm down, Frank, they're fine. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack," Roma says, kneeling down beside Percy who's now even more covered in mud than he had been before. He looks like he's been through the trenches.