xxii. leo slaps grace with a chair

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ───────────
✧₊˚。({ LEO SLAPS GRACE WITH A CHAIR })

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ───────────✧₊˚。({  LEO SLAPS GRACE WITH A CHAIR  })

break up with your girlfriend     ARIANA GRANDE  "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 25TH,  2010
──────────

THE FORUM LOOKS COMPLETELY UNRECOGNISABLE. People have carted in a bunch of couches and tables from the cohort barracks and laid them around the room for everyone to sit and eat lunch comfortably on. It looks more like an Ikea store than the forum of a Roman camp.

       The fauns have somehow snuck into the mini feast and repeatedly bug Leo for spare change. He doesn't seem to mind, though. In fact, he's probably just as sporadic as the fauns. Wind spirits whirl overhead, attending to anyone who wishes for more food and drink. Atticus and his other Lar friends hover above the First and Second Cohort legionnaires who sit in a group near the front. Luis is part of that group and usually Roma would be too but today she's sitting with Hazel, Frank, and Jason━all of whom are from the Fifth Cohort. She's still confused to this day on why Jason chose to be in the Fifth instead of the First. Especially with its reputation.

       Reyna, Octavian, Larry (centurion of the Second Cohort and fellow senator), and Hank (another fellow senator) join the group along with Percy, Annabeth, Piper, and Leo who'd finally managed to escape from the fauns fawning over him.

       Reyna stands to call a toast to friendship and Roma all but yawns and waves her can of Coca Cola around half-heartedly. She's not actually tired, she's just bored despite Jason and three new Greek demigods sitting near her. She thinks it's the ADHD in her.

       Jason joins Reyna and starts explaining all of what he's been doing these past eight months. Something about fire-breathing metal dragons, amnesia, Hera getting locked up in cage at the Wolf House, and crazy anti-Athena/Minerva giants. Sounds like he had a swell time at Camp Half-Blood.

       At the mention of the Wolf House, Octavian becomes outraged for the millionth time today. "Impossible!" he exclaims. "That's our most sacred place! If the giants had imprisoned a goddess there━"

  "They would've destroyed her," interrupts Piper. "And blamed it on the Greeks, and started a war between the camps. Now, shut up and let Jason finish."

       Roma nods at her when she glances around. Smartest thing anyone's said all day.

       Octavian tries to speak again but his voice doesn't work. Does Piper have charmspeak too? Lucky bitch, she'd kill to have the power to make Octavian slap himself all day.