xxx. the inevitable demigod heartache

CHAPTER THIRTY ───────────
✧₊˚。({ THE INEVITABLE DEMIGOD HEARTACHE })

CHAPTER THIRTY ───────────✧₊˚。({  THE INEVITABLE DEMIGOD HEARTACHE  })

somewhere only we know     KEANE  "

{ SAMARA }
JANUARY 13TH, 2007
──────────

DEATH HAS NEVER BEEN A new concept for demigods. Death by monsters even less so. But Death by starvation? Stupid. Laughable. Idiotic. The readers of Roman myths in the future would be shaking their heads and saying, Why didn't you know better? Why didn't you prepare yourself like you should've? Stupid stupid demigod child.

          Well, Samara had never counted on her own sister leaving her here to die. Alone. In the dark. With her aunt's rapidly cooling body lying motionless at her side.

          The walls creak against her back and she tries, yet again, to move. She can't. It's like her arms weigh a million tonnes, her head a billion. She tries to call for help. But the blood in her lungs spews out of her mouth and she coughs. She coughs and coughs and coughs, painful tears streaming out of her eyes and cascading down her bloodied cheeks.

          Black clouds her vision and she almost lets it take her. Almost.

          She hears a sound. A scream. Echoing through the ominous corridors of the Labyrinth. Her eyes jolt open, searching for the person who'd made the sound. For Roma to have come back with an explanation. For her sister to love her and come back for her.

          Please. Please don't leave me here. I can't take it anymore. I don't want to die. Please. Please! PLEASE!

          A sob escapes her mouth. It's painful, suffocating. Blood clots her throat and she can't breathe. She can't breathe. But she holds on. For someone to save her. For Roma. For Luis. For her Aunt Carmen. For her Ma. Gods, even for her dad whom she's never met.

          Her vision is blurred, her breathing shallow, her thoughts in a craze.

          A wave of bitterness washes over her. Her tears are no longer desperate. They're angry. Bitter. Roma left her. Roma had forgotten about her. Left her here to die.

          She's so angry. So angry.

          She hopes Roma experiences this pain. This betrayal. This loneliness. She hopes someone she thought would never leave her will. She hopes they forget everything about her. She hopes she has to watch them leave her not knowing anything about her. Not knowing they once used to love her.