xxvii. heartbreak, my love . . . fuck off!

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN ───────────
✧₊˚。({ HEARTBREAK, MY LOVE . . . FUCK OFF! })

"  the exit     CONAN GRAY  "

the exit     CONAN GRAY  "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 27TH,  2010
──────────

FUCK THIN WALLS AND INSOMNIA.

Roma's new motto. Fuck thin walls and insomnia. Why those things specifically? Well, a lot of reasons actually. Most likely, her inability to sleep on this specific night courtesy of the pounding headache from being possessed and drunk at the same time. But instead of staring at the dark ceiling of her room and trying to block out the whispers of the cold man from two days ago, she switches on the TV in front of her bed and stares at a rerun of Back to the Future Part II with the sound set at two.

She regrets not just toughing it out. She probably could've gotten to sleep if she tried hard enough. Then, she wouldn't have heard the quiet footsteps outside her room. The secretive whispers and the muted sound of uncontrollable laughter. Then, she wouldn't have felt the need to creep to the door and peek out to see who was there. She wouldn't have seen Annabeth and Percy quietly making their way down to the stables below her room with big smiles plastered across their faces. She wouldn't have told the logical part of her brain to bly stil! and follow them down there.

          She wishes she had listened.

          They sit at the edge of a large floor window in the stables. And they just fucking talk. And, gods, she doesn't know why but it really hurts. It really goddamn hurts and they're not even doing anything. It just hurts that they're so fucking in love. Roma's never been in love before. She's only heard stories from other people who have.

          Elora had told her about a boy she used to go to school with. They'd dated for a only year. But when she realized she loved him, Lupa and her wolves had already led her to America. She'd never got to say it out loud to anyone but herself. After reaching Camp Jupiter, Elora vowed she'd find him again. She would.

          But after two years of relentless searching for the boy, he was nowhere to be found. Roma suspects Venus has somehow been involved in his disappearance.

          Elora had described him as happy. Always smiling and super protective of his friends and family. He was totally obsessed with soccer and scarily good at maths. Dark hair, hazel eyes, and glasses. He was tall, popular, and had an ego the size of the sun itself. He sounded just as perfect as Elora. But Venus needs heartbreak. So she put him just out of her reach.