ix. my nightmares: starring percy jackson

CHAPTER NINE ───────────
✧₊˚。({ MY NIGHTMARES: STARRING PERCY JACKSON })

CHAPTER NINE ───────────✧₊˚。({  MY NIGHTMARES: STARRING PERCY JACKSON  })

goodnight n go     ARIANA GRANDE  "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 21ST,  2010
──────────

IT'S DARK AND SWELTERING. BUCKETS of sweat drip off of every part of her body, soaking her clothes and giving her a dewy look━and not in a good way. Her dark hair hangs loosely by her eyes and she's never felt more of an urge to chop it all off until now. The air suffocates her with its unbearable heat as she trudges along the banks of a fiery river.

    Every so often she has to unstick her shorts from her thighs before they permanently glue to her skin. Long ago she'd taken her shirt off and tucked half of it into the back her shorts, leaving her in a dark blue sports bra and a pair of black cycling shorts.

  "How long have we been here?" a croaky voice comes from beside her.

    Roma had been so focussed on trying to make out the moving dark shapes in the distance that she'd completely forgotten about the boy next to her. Her head turns involuntarily, spotting the one person the dreaming version of her doesn't want to see. Still, she finds herself feeling . . . happier? that he's there.

    Dark messy hair, sea green eyes, and a gray shirt he'd also ended up taking off and tucking into the back of his blue jeans. He's shiny with sweat and trips over his blackened shoelaces every few steps. His state is rather pitiful and Roma guesses she looks just as pathetic as he does, if not worse.

"You think I've been keeping track of every stupid minute in this place?" she mutters the reply irritably, trying and failing to fan colder air onto her sweating face. Her voice sounds dry and overused.

  "Gods, I was just asking," He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "How do you never fail to be so fucking obnoxious?"

    She makes a face at him. "Because I have nothing better to do than to annoy your face off until we get out of this hell," she scoffs, forcing a fake smile onto her face. It hurts her chapped lips so she quickly stops.

    Roma examines the guarded look on his face. "You don't think we'll get out of here, do you?" she asks, the annoyance fading out of her voice.

  "I━ I don't know," he admits, darting his eyes from her face to the ground and shrugging his shoulders. "I mean, look at where we are, Ro. We're in fucking Tartarus, for godsake. It's basically impossible!"