54

A higher civilization?

Xiao Yu imagined many possibilities, but he never thought that this matter could be involved with advanced civilization.

According to the definition of civilization by human society, civilization should be composed of social and natural behaviors that make human beings out of barbarism. In the interstellar era, civilization has been given a new definition, and its existence may not even require the promotion of humans, because humans are not the only ones in the universe who can create civilizations.

Other intelligent creatures also have the ability to create civilization.

There will also be collisions and blends between civilizations, just like human society. Early humans would expand their own civilizations through wars and devour other civilizations. Later, humans entered a relatively peaceful stage, and the mutual penetration and integration between civilizations was itself a battle without gunpowder.

There is no hierarchy of civilizations, but civilizations develop at different speeds. Strong civilizations outperform weak civilizations in every aspect. Under the absolute suppression of force, civilization levels emerge as the times require.

According to the original book, the Federation is a second-tier civilization, as are the Independent Army and the Mermaid Civilization.

The high-level civilization that Afton calls is likely to be a third-level or even a fourth-level civilization.

Ji Canghai was also surprised when he heard this answer, but he quickly suppressed the surprise in his eyes: "You said that the genetic defects of mermaids are also the work of advanced civilizations?"

Afton nodded heavily: "The rapid development of mermaid civilization made them feel threatened, so they used a highly concealed virus to change the gene sequence of mermaids. This virus is called TW6 virus, and it The concealment and infectivity of the virus are very strong, but it is slightly inferior in terms of lethality. As you know, it is impossible for any virus to have both lethality and concealment. The TW6 virus abandons the lethality and will affect the key Put it on Alpha's pheromone gene, so that all merman Alphas will be infected with this virus."

Xiao Yu couldn't help asking him: "In that case, why can the mermaid Omega's spiritual power cure this virus?"

Afton patiently explained: "As I said, it is impossible for any virus to be both lethal and concealed. The power of the TW6 virus caused the mermaid's gene to be damaged, and at the same time, a gene resistant to the TW6 virus also appeared. , this gene is attached to the Omega pheromone gene. With the passage of time and the change of generations, the emergence of anti-viral genes will be less harsh, and perhaps in the near future, this gene will appear in the mermaid Bate or even Alpha , which is why advanced civilizations want to study the mermaid Bate."

Is this the aggression method of advanced civilization? It is too cruel.

It's hard for Xiao Yu not to feel sad for the mermaid population, being targeted by jackal-like advanced civilizations, even living and working in peace and contentment is a luxury.

"I've told you what you want to know, and I will send back all the traded mermaids as soon as possible, and I hope you will keep your promise." Afton pondered for a moment, "If possible, I still want to meet the mermaids in person. A mermaid Omega."

Ji Canghai flatly refused: "That's impossible."

It is impossible for him to let others know that Xiao Yu is the mermaid Omega, especially when Afton told them about the conspiracy of advanced civilization. Since it is known that the mermaid Omega can solve the genetic defects of the mermaid family, once Xiao Yu's identity is exposed, the advanced civilization will never let him go easily.