23.

Kabir" Aliasha called him climbing down the stairs as she searched for him.

"Bir. Where were you? I was searching..." She stopped her rant as she felt another presence in the living room and turned towards the figure.

"Hey, Jen." She greeted taking her for a hug.

"What are you doing here." She inquired confused as they sat on the couch.

"I called her," Kabir replied before Jenna could.

"Why?" Aliasha frowned, now more confused about the happenings.

"I wanted to know more about Marc's movie." He replied scratching his neck, the thing he does whenever he is nervous.

"I thought we were done with this topic Kabir." She called him out.

"Lia. I really want you to take on this project. It's once in a lifetime opportunity and I don't want you to miss it." He tried to explain himself.

"I agree with him, Lia. This is huge. This can even get you to the Oscars babe. Please think about it." Jenna said trying to help Kabir in pursuing her.

"I am not changing my mind. I don't want to go to LA." She replied sternly.

"Ali. It's just two months. Please take some time and think about it. Okay?" Jenna tried again.

"No Jen my decision is final." She replied sternly indicating that she was now done with this topic.

Jenna huffed at her stubborn nature and decided to stay silent as she bid them adieu.

"Jaan. Please don't do this. Please give it a thought." He wrapped his hands around her waist after Jenna left.

"I want no more discussion on this Kabir. I've already given my answer this topic is now closed." She huffed, now clearly frustrated.

"Lia. You're being stubborn. Just take a day..."

"Enough Kabir. Why are you so hell-bent on sending me across the ocean" She interrupted Kabir and irritatedly shouted.

"The way you're being so pushy It seems like you don't want me here." She pushed him on the chest, got out of his arms and marched upwards towards their room.
______________________________

Aliasha was reading a book when Kabir entered the room. He had left for the office after their fight. He couldn't work in the office knowing that his wife was upset with him but he also knew that he had to give her some space before having conversation with her again.

He went towards her and rested his head on her lap and hid it in her waist.

"I am sorry." He whispered his voice muffled due to his position.

Aliasha kept her book down and started threading her fingers in his hair, playing with them.

"I should be the one saying sorry." She murmured.

"That outburst was unnecessary. I am sorry." She admitted as she had realised her mistake after a few hours of their fight.

"Kabir. I love you." She confessed her voice heavy due to the emotions that she was feeling.

Sensing her emotions he sat up and looked into her eyes.

Her eyes are the mirror of the love that she has for him. Her eyes are always filled with so much love whenever she looks at him that it makes him feel emotional as well as grateful.

Emotional because he doesn't know if he deserves that love and grateful because there is someone in this world who love him unconditionally.

"Kabir, I've already spent so much time away from you. Ab nahi. "