9.

You were amazing in Fallen angel," Kabir said breaking the silence which surrounded them as they sat outside their tent, gazing at northern lights

"You watched it?"

"I have watched all your movies, Lia." He said softly.

Aliasha didn't know what to reply, she didn't expect him to watch her movies. It came as a shock to her.

"I remember you enacting the scenes in front of the mirror dramatically. How excited you were when you got your first project. I always knew you will be an amazing actress." He said remembering the old days and making her smile.

"You have done quite well too, taking uncle's legacy to new heights. But I always thought you will be a pilot. I remember you being obsessed with planes. What happened to it?" She inquired

"Life happened, I guess."

"Dad had a heart attack." He mumbled silently.

"I had come from college for a vacation. The night before, we had a huge fight. He was never in the agreement with me being a pilot but stayed silent for me and let me pursue it."

"I was failing in college. There was also a few problems going on with business and dad wanted me to join the business. I was stubborn, I didn't want to give up on my dreams yet. That night, I spoke things I Shouldn't have."

He was looking straight into the darkness like he was reliving that night. Aliasha kept her hand on his giving him her unspoken support.

He sighed and intertwined his hand with hers.

"He had an attack the next morning. I felt like I lost him. Maa, Karan, Aish, they were crying continuously and.....I felt ashamed. What kind of son speaks to his father like that? He has done so much for me and I in return was being a brat."

"I have been such an ungrateful and selfish person Lia. I took all the people who love me for granted. Mom, Dad, Karan, Aish, You. Sometimes I think what happened with me was my karma for hurting you guys so much."

Aliasha wiped a tear that fall out of his eyes.

"You were not ungrateful and selfish Bir. You were just in love and love makes us do stupid things." She said trying to ease him.

"Have you ever been in love?" His question astonished her.

She wants to tell him the truth. She want to confess but she know this isn't the right time so she just replied

"Yes"

"Who was he? Was it Chris?"

Ohh only if he knew how hard she tried to love Chris but how she failed every time.

"How do you know about Chris?"

"I know everything about you. You were in news quite frequently.....so was it him?" He questioned eagerly, doing a weird dance with his eyebrows.

"No"

"Then?" He huffed frustrated wanting to know the name of his best friend- now -wife, lover.

"You don't know him." She shrugged and quickly changed the subject.

"I didn't know about uncle's condition else I would have been there."

"No one knew. If it was publicized then It would have only increased the problem for the business so we kept it very discreet." He responded.

"You are an amazing businessman and human, Bir, and I know mom and dad are very proud of you." She assured him.

Silent surrounded them again. Both of them just stared at the colorful sky, taking in the things that they discovered tonight.

"Let's go to sleep." She said after hearing him yawn.

She got up to leave but turned towards him suddenly when he gripped her wrist.

"I am sorry Lia. For treating you the way that I did." He whispered leaving her wrist.

"It's all in the past" she responded giving him a reassuring smile and went inside and Kabir followed the suit.

That night she couldn't sleep.

She was just staring at him.

He looked so innocent and sad. He had gone through so much. Losing his dream, the love of his life.

Still, here he was, holding strong for the sake of his family.

She softly traced his features with her fingers when she stopped at his lips.

She stealthily kept her lips on his and whispered

"I love you so much, Bir."

Thinking he has fallen asleep.

____________________________________

Couldn't decide on the song for this chapter. Can you guys please suggest me some songs 👉👈🥺

I hope you liked the chapter

Thankyou for reading. Please vote, comment and share.