THE KIDNAP 61

Eun Kyung woke up the next morning, she yawned stretching her hands before climbing down and walking to the kitchen. Someone was on an apron making breakfast as she walked to the fridge taking a can of water.
    "Good morning sunshine" he greeted and the water hung on her lips as she saw Seo Jun, how did he get into the house and... wait how was she looking...she was looking terrible with her hair and face.
    Eun Hee walked into the kitchen and saw Eun Kyung. "Oh you're awake, Seo Jun came over this morning saying he wanted to help make breakfast, I couldn't say no, an extra hand is always good".
    Eun Kyung looked at her mother. "Eomma!!" She shouted and threw the can on the ground running back into her room.
    Seo Jun chuckled as Eun Hee looked with confusion. "What's up with her this morning?" She asked.
    Eun Kyung banged the door close resting on the door. " Oh my God oh my God" she whispered moving to her bed and burying her face on it. "No!!!, Not like this" she wailed.

    Eun Hee kept looking at Eun Kyung's door which wasn't moving, they were done making breakfast. "Isn't she going to come out?" She asked
    "I'll go bring her out" Seo Jun said and stood walking towards the door. He knocked on the door and she opened it thinking it was her mother. On seeing him, she made to close it fastly but his leg stopped it and he walked in.
    "Seo Jun you don't just barge into a girl's room like that"
    "Can't I?, It's not just any girl, my fiance"
    "Whatever" she scoffed
    "Why are you so embarrassed, I'm your fiance and see you beautiful no matter how you look or what you wear"
    "That's what you all say but a girl still have to look pretty for her boyfriend"
    "Tell me something, I fell in love with you in highschool where you wore a particular cloth all day, applied no makeup and was all grumpy. I found you very attractive then so how and why would I stop now. It's just like asking me to stop loving you which is close to impossible"
    "Really?" She asked. "What a speech" she said and he laughed.
    "Wasn't it wonderful" he said walking closer to her until she reached a wall and he leaned forward. "Breakfast is served and your mother is waiting" he whispered and kissed her cheek before leaving the room.

    Eun Kyung got dressed standing before the mirror when her mother walked in. "Someone's going out"
    "Yes Mom, I've decided to do it for the first and last time"
    "Do what?"
    "See my father, since he doesn't care about me I don't think I want to have a relationship with him anymore but.... let me see him first"
    "Oh, well I could ask Seo Jun to go with you and..."
    "No need, Nari's pregnancy is due so she can't really walk around and Choon Hee is preparing for her honeymoon with Seung, I got this mother and I'll be fine" she said.
    "Alright, call me" she said
    "I will and you don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine okay"
    "I love you"
    "I love you Mom" she said and hugged her mother.

    Seo Yun was scrolling through his phone while Seo Jun reading a book when a knock came on the door. "I'll go check it" Seo Yun said walking towards the door.
    "Seo Yun" Seo Jun called and he stopped. "Have you ever texted Ji Eun?"
    "Why would I?, She's a younger sister and should text her elder brother. You?, Have you texted her?"
    "She doesn't reply my text"
    "So stop texting okay? Chae Won is enough for me okay?. I promised her outing this weekend and I'm gonna fulfill it so you see, I've got a younger sister and a reasonable one"
    Ya!!, Choi Seo Jun, Choi Seo Yun open the damn door!!" Choon Hee screamed from outside and Seo Yun hurriedly opened the door seeing her glaring eyes.
    "Sorry" he whispered moving from the door while she walked in.
    "I thought you were preparing for your honeymoon?" Seo Jun asked
"Does it warrant leaving me standing outside?, She asked again angrily.
    "Oh please Choon Hee!!" Seo Yun said.
    "Ya Seo Yun!!" She shouted running after him and he quacked the table making his phone fall from it laying beside Seo Jun who bent and picked it up. His eyes caught a text...
    𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒊𝒇 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆. 𝑲𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒊 𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝑱𝒖𝒏.
    "Seo Yun.." he called
    "Yes..." Seo Yun answered
    "Who sent you this text?" He asked and Seo Yun walked forward with Choon Hee and they looked at it.
    "Uhh I don't know, just some random number texting me nonsense" he answered
    "When did you get this?"
    "Some months back but it...em..it.." he stammered
    "Is this the first time whoever sent it?" Choon Hee asked
    "No, whoever according what Choon Hee calls the stranger, sent me a message a year ago saying I should take you down, I think I still have it" he said and took his phone searching for the message, he eventually found it. "Here.."
    𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒖𝒏 𝑲𝒚𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑰𝒇 𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝑱𝒖𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍. 𝑲𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒊 𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝑱𝒖𝒏.
    "Jesus christ!" Seo Jun gasped. "Why didn't you tell me someone was sending these messages?"
    "We weren't talking how could I have told you?" He asked seating on the sofa while Choon Hee kept scrolling the phone when she came across his reply.
    "This was your reply?" She asked
    "Yes" he answered
    '𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂 𝒕𝒆𝒙𝒕'
This text looks familiar and I know I've seen it somewhere"
    "Really? Think Choon Hee think" Seo Jun told her.
    "Well, the date is 24th July which is the day I and Seung.... wait a minute. I remember it was on Mr. Han phone"
    "What?" Seo Yun asked
    "Yes yes I can remember, I saw this reply come I couldn't read what led to the reply because his phone was locked and when he got in, he looked so pissed on seeing me"
    "Oh my God!" Gasped Seo Jun.
    "Wait a minute, he had an affair with mother right?" Seo Yun asked
    "Yes and mother didn't want the child so...he... Wait"
    "What are you guys talking about?" Choon Hee asked feeling lost.
    "Ji Eun's mother is my mom" Seo Yun blurted
    "Are you kidding me?"
    "Doesn't look like I'll kid anybody now, I'm in the middle of solving a mystery. If there's any other clue just anything".
    "Was there any other thing you saw Choon Hee, anything at all?" Seo Jun asked.
    "Uhh, well his screensaver had an inscription that said...Uhhh, it was...
    (𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝑨𝒖𝒈𝒖𝒔𝒕 17𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒆𝒃𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 24.)
    "Always August 17th and February 24th, that was it"
    "February 24th, August 17th let me check the calendar.." Seo Yun made to leave
    "No need" Seo Jun said and they looked at him.
    "What did you figure out?" Asked Choon Hee and he gulped.
    "August 17th was the date of I and Eun Kyung's abduction from Hana and February 24th was the day of the car accident".
    "He knew all the dates, it only means..." Seo Yun said
    "Mr. Han is related to what happened in school, he's been around us all these while and we didn't know" Choon Hee said.
    "Where's Eun Kyung?" Seo Jun asked
    "Uhh, she said she was going to pay him a visit"
    "Pay him a what!?" Both boys chorused
    "A visit" she replied.
    "Jesus!!, Choon Hee call the police now, I'm headed to Mr. Han's place" Seo Jun said
    "Let me call Ji Eun" Choon Hee said.
    "Why?" Asked Seo Yun
    "Well while we were in highschool rumors had it that Seo Jun bruise his ear lobe and only Ji Eun can confirm it"
    "Call fast, Seo Yun stay with her I'll head to Mr. Han's" said Seo Jun running out.
    Ji Eun picked the call immediately and Seo Yun took the phone from Choon Hee. "Ji Eun hello, uhh I need your help with an answer"
    "Why would I help you?"
    "Because I'm your brother and need help so you'll help me right?"
    "What is it?" She asked
    "Does your dad have a bruise ear lobe?"
    Ji Eun was quiet after this question.
    "Ji Eun answer me!!" Seo Yun screamed and she ended the call. "Shit curse this!!" He shouted and rushed up the stairs grabbing his car keys. Seo Young and Seo Hiah rushed out with him as he ran out of the house.
    "What's happening?" They asked Choon Hee who was already calling Seung and Nari.
    "Mr. Han is the kidnapper, he's the one behind all that happened, we just found out and my husband is calling the police".

    Seo Jun dialled Ji Yoon's number who picked up immediately.
    "Listen I need you to go to my parents place and keep them company okay"
    "Okay but is there a problem?" He asked
    "I'll explain later" he said and ended the call. He arrived at the house and got down running towards the door which was closed and a written note glued on it which wrote.
    𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆. 𝑺𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝑱𝒐 𝑬𝒖𝒏 𝑲𝒚𝒖𝒏𝒈.
    A video of Eun Kyung unconscious, gagged and tied up in a moving vehicle came on his phone. Mr. Han had sent it. He hurriedly forwarded it to Seo Yun and Seung before getting into his car and driving off.

    Seo Yun looked at the video in anger. "Stupid!!" He shouted and kept racing towards Ji Eun's apartment.

    Seung, Ji Yoon and Nari had arrived at Seo Jun's parents house as Nari helplessly looked around for Seo Yun but wasn't seeing him.
    "How's it going?" Ji Yoon asked?"
    "Eun Kyung's been kidnapped by her father but we're yet to alert her mother, Seo Yun and Seo Jun left already". Choon Hee explained
    "The police are already in place, he won't leave the city". Seung stated.
    "Excuse me, I'll take a look outside" Ji Yoon said walking out.
    "Oh my God" Seo Hiah panicked.
    "And where did you say Seo Yun was again?" Nari asked.
    "He went after Ji Eun, I asked him to stay but he won't listen to me"
    "Huh?, He went to confront Ji Eun alone?" she asked and hurriedly pulled out her phone. "He's such a fool!" She shouted dialling his number but he didn't pick up. "Ahh Otuke he's not picking up" she panicked. "Why didn't he just call the police why's he always feeling like he can handle everything by himself, he's so stupid. Ahhh stupid Seo Yun!!"
    Ji Yoon rushed back to them from outside.
    "What happened?" Seung asked
    "Seo Yun was shot, he went to confront Ji Eun and was shot"
    "Oh my God" Nari gasped and collapsed.
    "Nari!!" Seung called trying to wake her up.
  "Ahh, you shouldn't have said it yet she's due" Choon Hee panicked
   "She's not responding, get my keys Choon Hee!!" Seung shouted lifting and carrying Nari outside.

    Seo Yun broke the door open. "Ya  Ji Eun!!" He shouted walking into the house.
    "Ji Eun!!" He called and stopped on seeing her standing close to the dinning table.
  "It's you right?, You're the one who told your father that we knew he was related to the case from five years ago right?, Where is Eun Kyung. Where is she?" His voice rose.
    "I..I.. don't know what you're talking about"
    Seo Yun grabbed her arm. "How's it possible, your father is the kidnapper so how's it Possible you don't know?"
"I told you i don't know what you're talking about?"
    "Fine!!, Maybe I'll just abduct you and call your father for an exchange don't you think?, Come now you'll speak to the police!" He said and made to pull her when a bullet greased his shoulder and he fell on the ground.
    "Appa!" Ji Eun's frightened voice called. "Why did you shoot him, I don't want anyone dying"
    "He's not dead Ji Eun it's just a bruise. Come now" he said and took her with him.

    Seo Jun checked his phone for a message which had come a while ago.
     𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒊 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒓. 𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝒀𝒖𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝑱𝒊 𝑬𝒖𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆.
    "Shot?" He panicked and began speeding towards the house calling his brother's number. "Choi Seo Yun please pick up" he panicked. He got there and rushed out of the car into the house which had it's door open. He took slow steps inside when he heard his brother's voice.
    "Come on in Choi Seo Jun I'm not dead at least not yet"
    Seo Jun walked to his side seeing him seated with a towel soaked with blood on his bleeding shoulder.
    "I think it hit an artery"
    "Shut it, what do you know" Seo Jun said and he chuckled. "Come up" he said and helped him stand with his hand across his shoulder. "I don't understand, since when did Ji Eun learn how to shoot a gun"
    "No, no, it wasn't her. I think her father got in because the bullet came from behind, I'm lucky to be alive"
    "So Ji Eun knows where Eun Kyung was taken?"
    "My hunch"
    "But why won't she tell us, why didn't she tell us?" He asked and used his other hand to open the front door and helped his brother in.
    "I don't know Choi Seo Jun so please stop asking too many questions and take me to the hospital before I die a terrible man and father".
     "Oh and Seung texted, he said Nari is in labor"
    "What?" Asked Seo Yun.
    "Yes Seo Yun, it's either you'll be a father in a few minutes or you're already a father"
    "Oh my God what are you waiting for??, Get me out of here, take me to the hospital now!!" He shouted and Seo Jun chuckled before starting the engine and driving straight to the hospital with Seo Yun singing excitedly.
    Both boys rushed down and Seo Yun refused his wound to be treated first before rushing into the maternity ward.

   The door opened and Nari and her mother who were in the room looked at Seo Yun with his bruised shoulder. "Oh my Lord" Nari's mother who was beside her  whispered.
   Seo Yun narrowed his eyes to the little crib where the baby was laid. "Oh my God" he whispered slowly walking towards it, he bent looking at the sleeping child in the crib. "My baby" he said touching the little fingers.
    "It's a boy" Nari's mother beamed.
    "A boy?, I'm a boy dad" he said still looking at the child.
   Nari's mother cleared her throat and as Seo Yun looked at her she signaled him to talk to Nari who had a frown on. He inhaled deeply before facing Nari and trying to touch her hand and she refused taking her hand to herself.
    "Nari I'm sorry I scared you but I'm so proud of you, I'm happy Nari.
    Nari slowly turned to him glaring angrily. She raised her hand and began hitting him, she hit his chest as tears were flowing down her eyes. "Ya!! Choi Seo Yun!, Why should you go face a criminal's daughter like that?, Who do you think you are..some spider man or what?, Some superman?, Who do you think will father this child for you?, How could you be so carelessness if something happened to you what would I have done, what will happen to the baby, what would I do" she wept.
    Seo Yun and her mother laughed.
    "Eomma!!, If you're just gonna laugh then leave!!" She shouted and her mother stood from the seat holding her laughter as she left the room.
    "I'm sorry" he apologized
    "It's not enough, anything could have happened, look at your shirt it's stained with blood what will our little one say if see dad's shirt like this, didn't you think about all that?"
    "Nari..."
    "What?" She answered sharply
    "You're worried about me, does this mean I'm forgiven?" He asked
    Nari scoffed looking another way.
    "Nari.....Shin Nari.." he called
    "Well yes what other reason will I worry about you, I still hate you but I've permitted you to father my son"
    Seo Yun chuckled. "Thank you, I will try my best for both of you.."
    "For him not me, I don't need anyone taking care of me"
   "I'll try my best" he said and leaned forward placing a kiss on her forehead.

    The door opened and Seo Jun walked in with his mother who rushed to the baby's crib.
    "Awwnnn look at this beautiful soul" she started. "Oh my God Nari how are you feeling"
    "I'm alright Mrs Seo Hiah" she answered
    "No no no, from now on you address me as mother, is that clear?"
    "Yes Mom" Nari answered smiling.
    Seo Jun placed his hand on Seo Yun's head.
    "Ya!!, Choi Seo Jun take off your hand now"
    "So I'm now an uncle all thanks to you".
    "I said take off your hand now!!" He shouted and forcefully pulled his hand down.
   "Ya both of you cut it, must you fight infront of the baby?. And you.." she hit Seo Yun's shoulder slightly. "You're now a father and should stop playing like a child" she scolded and they chuckled.

    Eun Kyung woke up to this empty and scattered room... She sat up in fright checking the whole place.
    "Don't worry my dear" she heard a male's voice.
    "Who's there?" She asked and he walked out. "Mr. Han?"
    "Hello Eun Kyung, how are you feeling after being drugged?" He asked and cackled.
    "What's happening?, What am I doing here?" She asked
    "Shh, don't make so much of noise my dear, I don't want you to loose your voice when it isn't your time yet, when the time is right I'll let you scream and call out the name of your lover who will never get you" he laughed again.
    "I...I.. don't understand, are you my father or what?"
    "Oh yes I am and you were in such a hurry to be united with me"
    "I don't get you why?, Why are you doing this, what did I ever do to you?"
    "You're the love of the people I hate the most in the world and I'll take your life just like that drivers"
    "No please, I haven't done anything wrong, don't punish me for what I don't understand"
    "You should understand. Do you remember this scar?" He asked showing her his ear and she gasped.
    "Oh yes dearie, it's me from your past and I'll follow up everywhere, everywhere Jo Eun Kyung because you're my curse. Having you as a daughter is where my curse started!!"
    "That's enough dad, let me talk to her" Ji Eun's voice came and Eun Kyung looked at her in disbelief.
    "Alright get to know your sister because by tomorrow she'll be no more" he laughed and left.
    "Ji Eun, you knew about this?"
    "Yes I do and your fiance knows that I know too"
    "But why?, What have I ever done to you?"
    "Are you asking me that, it's you Eun Kyung. Everyone loves you and not me, you have a mother and even though no father you received fatherly love from your uncle but my case is different.."
    "It's only different because they didn't know they had a sister. Seo Jun and Seo Yun always wanted to have a junior sister"
    "How do you know that!!"
    "Because we attended the same high school, Ji Eun no one hates you and if it's about Choon Hee's wedding day then they just reacted because you pushed me"
    "Well I don't care, I already told my father I'll be the one to kill you tomorrow, we'll give you the grace to live the night so say your last prayers" she said and turned to leave.
    "Ji Eun please wait" Eun Kyung called
"What?"
    "I think your father's sick but you, you're in your senses and you know killing me is stupid"
    Ji Eun turned back to her and walked close to her slapping her across her face. "That's for saying my dad is insane" she slapped her again. "That's for being loved by everyone!!" She slapped her the last time. "And that's for being my sister, I hate you Eun Kyung!!" She shouted and stormed out leaving Eun Kyung in tears.
    She rested on the door as her heart was beating fastly. "Kill her?, Are we really killing anyone?" She whispered. She looked at the other room where her father was and walked into it. A gun was on the table and she stared at it fearfully.
    "What is all these dad, you didn't say anything about killing anyone"
    " Change of plans" he said
    "What?"
    "Tomorrow I'll give you the chance of killing your sister, wonderful right?" He asked and chuckled.
    "Appa, has it started again?, How can you sound so cool asking me to kill my own sister"
    "Because she's the spotlight and once you kill her then everyone will start loving you again"
    "That is not how it works, they'll see me as a monster. Like who praises a killer?".
    Ji Eun.."
    "Have you stopped taking your drugs because you're sounding like a freak now..."
    "Ji Eun!!" he shouted and pulled the trigger shooting at the ground close to her leg making her scream in fright. "Ji Eun my darling" he smiled walking close to her and patting her head. "You're dad's friend right, you know what happens when you say no to him right? so be my friend and I'll protect you okay?, Okay?!!" He asked and she nodded in fright before he walked from her continuing with what he was doing. She hurriedly ran out of the building weeping as she got outside.
    "It's started again, he's insane" she whispered. "But why did he stop taking the drugs...I...I cannot do this...I can't....I..." She wept. "No I cannot kill her, I cannot kill Eun Kyung. I can't" she wept and pulled out her phone.