JI YOON'S BIRTHDAY 38

Eun Kyung had dressed up and walked out of her room when she met Hwang and her mother watching a movie.
    "Hello sunshine" Hwang spoke
"I'm going out with Nari" she said.
    "Oh take care" Eun Hee said
    Eun Kyung nodded and blew a kiss to Hwang who made to catch it falling from the chair, she laughed and walked out of the house.

    She was in the bus station waiting for Nari when a car drove by her side. The door opened and Nari got out, she looked so bright and shinny with her glasses on and beautiful jumpsuit.
    "Hello bestie!" She shouted
    "Nari!" Eun Kyung called and both girl happily hugged each other.
    "Is this your ride?"
    "Yeah, this is my baby ride. I bought it last year. Ohh Eun Kyung I'm so happy to see you. Come on in I have a very special package for you"
    "You do?"
    "Yeah, come on" she said and Eun Kyung got in before she drove off.

    Nari sipped a juice after Eun Kyung was done narrating.
    "Well, Seo Jun is a very well... responsible person unlike his reck of a brother so I feel there's something else or some reason he's doing this"
    "Then maybe he could tell me, he should tell me" her voice broke
    "Hey, I didn't bring you here to cry or be sad, it's Nari okay and I don't want you to be sad around me".
    "I know" Eun Kyung faked a smile. "I want to pick a day I'll see Ji Yoon, it's been a while".
   "Hmm, I heard Ji Yoon is graduating this year, I also heard he is a school head"
    "Really?" Asked Eun Kyung
    "Yeah baby, if you want to see him now I could take you to Hana and..."
    "No, I don't want to go to Hana, not yet"
    "It's your alma mater baby, our alma mater"
    "I know, it's just that Hana has almost all of my memories and there are certain things I rather not remember"
    "Ahh, if that's the case. I'll be hanging out on Friday night and you're invited"
    "Why are you hanging out?"
    "Uhh, well just a party and you need to loosen up and keep thoughts of Seo Jun at arm's length okay?"
    Eun Kyung smiled. "Yes Nari. What would I do without you?"
    "Awwn, nothing babe, come here" she said and pulled closer hugging her.
    "Ji Yoon's birthday is next week" Eun Kyung said pulling from Nari. "It'll be good time to see him"
    "How did you know about his birthday?"
    "Guess I didn't forget somethings"
    "Hmm, if that's the case we need to shop for him, maybe even throw a surprise party for him"
    "Yeah. Nari I need a job and I..."
    "Don't mention, I have a place in mind but before that come let's shop for Ji Yoon's birthday party" she said and Eun Kyung smiled
    "Whatever you want".

    Eun Kyung got home all tired, Hwang was up waiting for her.
    "Welcome sunshine. Your Mom said you'll leave for seoul next week"
    "Ah, yeah" she replied taking off her shoes and walking towards him, she eventually sat beside him
"My sunshine looks so tired"
    "I am tired of lots of things"
    Hwang sighed. "Have you heard from Seo Yun?, Maybe he could have something to say about all these"
    "I'll meet him by weekend, he just got back after serving the military"
    "You both talk on phone right?, He should know something about his brothers behavior"
    "Seo Yun rather not talk about his brother, he says Seo Jun gives a cold shoulder to everyone including him but when I see him we'll talk"
    "Oh, well I baked something"
    "No you did not"
    "I did"
    "Hwang, you were terrible at that while growing"
    "No I wasn't..well.... maybe but I'm better now, come have a taste" he  said taking her hand and pulling her into the kitchen
    Eun Kyung shut her mouth as he raised the snack to her mouth
    "Come on Eun Kyung, don't be like Dad and Aunty Eun Hee"
    "They didn't eat?" She asked
    "They did but threw it when I wasn't looking" he laughed. "They forgot I have seven eyes so I caught them. I forced them to have it anyway, you're better than them so open up"
    Eun Kyung opened her mouth and ate it chewing on it.
    "What do you think?" He asked and she faked a smile giving him a thumbs up.
    "I need water to digest it" she said
    "Ahh water" he said and turned from her. Eun Kyung hurriedly vomited it when he turned to her and she smiled.
    "That's it Eun Kyung you're having all of it"
    "No way!" She shouted running out of the kitchen and he chased after her carrying a bowel of the baked snacks.

    Both laid in Eun Kyung's room looking at the ceiling.
    "This is refreshing" he said
    "Yeah after you made eat all those you made" she said and he laughed.
    "They weren't bad admit it"
    "Well, whatever"
    "What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked
    "Shopping with Nari"
    Hwang hurriedly sat up. "I won't be in school tomorrow because of something that might not interest you so can I please go with you both to shop"
    "No way Hwang, you're a no no"
    "Please, I promise to behave myself, please" he begged
    Eun Kyung signed. "Nari doesn't know a third person is coming"
    "I'm sure she'll call it nothing, she's Nari your crazed bestie"
    Eun Kyung laughed. "Alright you can come along"
    "Yeah!!" He shouted standing and jumping up
"And yet you argue with me on how mature you are"
    He stopped jumping and slowly sat straight on the bed with both hands on his lap. "I'm an adult" he said and Eun Kyung laughed before hitting him a pillow.
    "Go rest in your room"
    "Nahh, I'm staying with you this night, I don't want you to think so much"
    "Hmm, a baby indeed" she said and he laughed climbing and placing his head on her shoulder
    "Ya!, Hwang!" She called
"Please let me stay like this, I'll feel so much better" he said
    Eun Kyung didn't make any attempt to push him away, those words were said by someone, by Seo Jun. She exhaled resting her head on his.
..
    The next day both girls and Hwang went shopping, Eun Kyung went for shoes, she didn't know if she remembered his size but she could guess.
    "Eun Kyung look at this" said Nari running to her and showing her a beautiful red gown
"And I thought we were picking stuffs for Ji Yoon" she said.
    "Well yeah, doesn't mean we shouldn't get some clothes for ourselves. Come on there's another just like this it could be our friendship outfit"
    Eun Kyung laughed at her childishness. "Nari we're adults now, who still does friendship outfits"
    "Well we could be the first, come get it before someone else does" she said hurriedly pulling Eun Kyung with her.
    "Ya!, Hwang drop it" Eun Kyung ordered as she saw him trying to take a ball.
    "Why?" He asked
    "You have many already" she told and faced Nari who gave her the gown.
    She walked to the shoe store and tried taking a shoe which was higher than her, she tried stepping on her tiptoe to get it but still couldn't. A hand moved to it picking it and handling it to her. She frowned glaring at Hwang who laughed as she snatched it from him walking away, he was really taller.
    Nari began trying some clothes out as she and Hwang judged it, after that she pulled Eun Kyung making her go into the dressing room to have a change of clothes. She walked out wearing the red gown Nari had selected for her.
    "Awwnnn" started Nari and Hwang gave a thumbs up. She smiled before going back to change. They picked few other things before going to pay for it.
    Three of them walked out of the mall and Nari gave a sigh of relief. "Ji Yoon's birthday party successful"
    "Ji Yoon?, Who is that? And I thought all those male outfits were for me". Hwang said confused.
    Eun Kyung chuckled slightly.
    "Ya!, Eun Kyung that's not funny"
    "Awwnnn Hwang, when it's your birthday I'll spoil you" Nari said
    "You promised Nari" he said
"Just remind me" she said and they got into the car with Nari driving away.

    Ji Yoon's birthday had come and Eun Kyung got dressed, she came down and saw Hwang dressed, he looked like he was waiting for someone, her obviously.
    "Oh God" she whispered climbing down the stairs.
    He turned to her and beamed. "Hello sunshine"
    "Why are you dressed Hwang?"
    "Huh?, I'm going for Ji young...or what is..Ji...Yun...uhhh Ji Yoon yes. Ji Yoon's birthday party.
    "Oh God Hwang, you're not supposed to come along"
    "Why?, Even I would like to know the guy you and Nari specifically bought so much stuffs for"
    Eun Kyung sighed, the way she looked at it he wouldn't say a yes to staying. "Alright, come along"
    "Yes" Hwang beamed before walking out of the house while she followed from behind.

    Eun Kyung and Nari knocked on a door which was that leading to where Ji Yoon lived.
    The door opened and her eyes met two blue eyes, they only belonged to Ji Yoon.
    "Eun Kyung!" He called in surprise.
    "Happy birthday Ji Yoon!" Both girls chorused happily.
    "Oh my God" he said. "I can't believe you...you.." he stammered as his voice broke. "I thought you had forgotten about me, the way Seo Jun did"
    Eun Kyung faked a smile looking down, 'He actually forgot about everyone'.
    Nari noticed this and decided to change the atmosphere immediately. "Alright Ji Yoon invite us in, we have lots of things for you"
     "Ahh right, come on in" he said leading them in.
    Mrs Raon walked out and smiled on seeing both girls.
    "Oh my God Eun Kyung, I'm so happy to see you" she beamed and walked towards her hugging her.
    "I am happy to see you too Mrs Raon"
    "Ji Yoon, hope you see that they didn't forget you, now you could stop singing so much in my ears" said Mrs Raon and others laughed.
    "Can we open the presents now?" Asked Hwang and everyone faced him
"And this is?" Ji Yoon asked.
    "Hwang, Eun Kyung's brother AKA first love" he said and they all laughed
    "Hello Hwang" Mrs Raon said
    "Hello Mrs. And Ji Yoon you are a very lucky and special person to my Eun Kyung, she specially went shopping for your birthday, you must feel honored"
    "Ofcourse I am"
    "Good. Let's open the presents" he said and extended his hands to the shopping bag when Eun Kyung slapped it away.
    "Ya!, Hwang it's not your birthday"
    "Yeah whatever" he whispered
    "What was that?" She asked
    "I said Ji Yoon is lucky to have you" he yelled
    "That's better"
    "Alright now Ji Yoon make a wish and blow the candle light".
    Eun Kyung picked the cake up and held it for Ji Yoon who closed his eyes for a while before opening them and blowing the candle light.
    "Yeah!" They chorused clapping their hands together.
    "Happy birthday to you" they sang. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Ji Yoon happy birthday to you".
    "Happy birthday Ji Yoon" Eun Kyung said moving to him in a hug.
    "Happy birthday Ji Yoon" Nari said hugging him
"Happy birthday Ji Yoon" Hwang said and shook his hands
"Happy birthday son" his mother said before hugging him.

    They all sat down eating the food Ji Yoon's mother had made, she said a no to them leaving the house and made them eat.
    "I am so happy now" Ji Yoon started. "I was so worried about how my birthday would be, Seo Jun normally sent me surprise gifts and cards but since I got out of coma he hasn't even sent a happy birthday text. I am so happy you decided to be here, thanks again Eun Kyung, Nari it means alot"
    "It's alright Ji Yoon, we're here now and we'll support you in any way we can" Nari said
    "Thanks Nari" he said
    "Yeah, so you wanna tell us how you became school head?" Nari asked
"Ahh"
    "Spill Ji Yoon even I would love to know" Eun Kyung said all interested.
    "Well, after Seo Jun left I felt empty and broken on the inside, I realized the reason he was always hard on me and why he made me work overtime and keep me awake all night when some other students slept peacefully in their rooms. I realized he saw something in me and wanted to manifest it so I started working hard, I wanted him to see that I worked so hard even when he wasn't around me so once I got to school head post he was the second I told after my mother but he didn't reply or congratulate me. I won't lie I was so sad, I wanted someone to say I'm proud of you, I'm proud of who you've become but it was a waste of time, he didn't even say a word"
    Both girls looked at each other before looking at Ji Yoon.
    "Don't be so hard on yourself, I am proud of who you've become Ji Yoon, I'm proud of you" Nari spoke and he smiled.
    "Thanks Nari".
    Eun Kyung stood up holding a glass cup. "Let's make a toast to Ji Yoon becoming successful. I am proud of you Ji Yoon"
    Everyone stood up holding a glass of wine.
    "Toast!" They chorused slowly hitting their glasses against each other.
    "And I your mother am proud of you Ji Yoon, you've made me proud and I know you'll do better in the future" said Mrs Raon
    "I love you Mom"
    I love you more honey" she replied and walked to his seat as he stood up and they hugged each other making everyone clap happily.

    It was late as Ji Yoon bid them bye. "Today was successful Nari and I'm happy"
    "Yeah, I'm so happy we got to make him happy" Nari said
    "Yeah, can we go home now, Eun Kyung I'm tired" Hwang said and she chuckled
    "Okay, Nari please take him home"
    "Huh?, What about you"
    "I'll just hang around"
    "Around where?"
    "Don't worry Nari, I'll be fine wherever I am"
    "Nah, I'm not leaving you all by yourself, I'm coming along"
    "Nari..."
    "Drop a location, I'll drop Hwang and come to meet you"
    "Okay, drop Hwang I'll drop a location"
    "Sure and don't play with me Eun Kyung"
    "No kidding" she smiled and Nari squinted at her before walking towards the car with Hwang who was too tired.
    Eun Kyung waited for the car to drive before she brought out her phone and texted Nari.
    "𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝑯𝒂 𝑺𝒆𝒐𝒌'𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆"
    Nari's phone vibrated and she picked it, a message from Eun Kyung came and she smiled on reading it before dropping back the phone and focusing on the road as she drove.

    Eun Kyung walked quietly in the street, her thoughts were far from whatever was happening around her. Her thoughts drifted to Seo Jun and she couldn't understand why something in her told her he was coming back for her, that's why she hadn't given up waiting. She exhaled looking at the sky which was beautified with the stars of the night.
    She remembered their conversation during his goodbye to Ji Yoon.
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀

    "𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒊𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆"
    "𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒊𝒓?" 𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝑱𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒅.
    "𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒐 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚. 𝑰𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆. 𝑬𝒖𝒏 𝑲𝒚𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝑱𝒖𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆.
    𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝑱𝒖𝒏 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒅. "𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝑺𝒆𝒐 𝑱𝒖𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑬𝒖𝒏 𝑲𝒚𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆" 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅.
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀

     She cleaned the tears that flowed, she braced, she wasn't going to cry anymore. She inhaled deeply increasing her steps.
    She eventually arrived at Seok's house and knocked on the door.
    The door opened and a beautiful teenage girl stood there. She stared at Eun Kyung as if trying to recognize her.
    "Hello Chae Won".
    The girl's eyes widened as she looked at Eun Kyung.
    "Eun Kyung" she called. "Oh my God it's you" she beamed
    " Chae Won" Eun Kyung called
    "Oh Eun Kyung" she wept and rushed to her hugging her with her arms around her.