HANEUL'S EMPIRE 40

Seo Yun and Eun Kyung walked out of the restaurant together, he walked to the car and opened the front door for her looking at her.
    Eun Kyung smiled before entering and he got in driving slowly. He kept stealing glances at her as he drove and she noticed.
    "You might wanna concentrate on the road" she said and he smiled.
    He placed a hand on hers as the other was on the wheel. "If you ever need any help anytime please tell me, I'll help you it's a promise"
    Eun Kyung faked a smile taking back her hand. "I'll keep that in mind"
    Seo Yun smiled before facing the road. He arrived at her house and got down, walking over and opening the door for her.
    Eun Kyung got down looking at him. "Thanks alot Seo Yun for all these, I'm really grateful"
    "You're welcome" he said and took a step forward, he leaned like he was giving her a hug but instead placed a soft kiss on her cheek before stepping back.
    "Have a wonderful day"
    Eun Kyung faked a smile. "You too" she said and he nodded turning to his car and getting in, he waved at her before he drove off.
    She watched as his car drove farther from her, she touched her cheek and sighed before turning to her house and walking in, her mother was making dinner
"Eun Kyung, you're back come eat"
    "I'm not hungry Mom, I'll go rest" she answered and walked towards her room as her mother watched.
    She locked the door as she got in resting on it. She inhaled deeply looking at the ceiling, her phone rang and she checked it, Hwang was calling.
    "Hwang"
    "Come online, I want to do a video call"
    "I just got back and I'm tired Hwang"
    "Back from outing with Seo Yun I know.."
    "Wait what?, How did you know?"
    "Come online and if you don't I'll come over, I don't care about the distance and you know that"
    "Alright but you'll have to wait a bit"
    "I will" he answered and she ended the call. She inhaled again walking towards her bed, she dropped her bag and phone slowly taking off her shoes. She climbed the bed grabbing a pillow and hugging it. She had a straight face thinking, she was so lost that she didn't hear the knock on her door. It became more aggressive bringing her mind back. She hurriedly opened it and met her mother's angry face.
    "Ya!, How can you come back from God-knows where and lock yourself in like that?, Do you want to kill me?"
    "Ma....!"
    "Enough, come with me now, let's eat and i won't listen to a no"
    Eun Kyung followed her mother after realizing arguing with her would be fruitless.
    She spoke with Hwang on video that night before sleeping off.

    Nari drove Eun Kyung to the fashion empire she said she knew.
    "So here we are. It's called Victoria's Empire but I heard someone else bought it but the name isn't changed yet. Good luck anyway"
    "Okay, thanks Nari" she said and got down
    "Ahh, call me if anything goes wrong okay. I'll call Victoria and we'll talk"
    "I doubt anything will go wrong. See you Nari" with that she walked into the building with Nari watching.
    Eun Kyung walked towards the receptionist who had a smile on
"Hi how can I help you?"
    "Hi, I'm Eun Kyung and I'm here to meet the manager"
    "Do you have an appointment or are you an applicant?"
    "I'm an applicant" she answered
    "Ah, that's lovely. Please sign here and walk straight before turning by your left and knocking on the first door by your right"
    "Thank you" said Eun Kyung before walking away.

    Eun Kyung walked towards the door and stood before it, she inhaled deeply before knocking on the door.
    "Come in" a female voice spoke from inside and she opened the door slowly walking in.
    "Hello Miss" she greeted walking in and standing before her
"Hello, seat please" she offered and Eun Kyung sat.
    "Let me see your CV"
    "Here it is" she replied handling it to her.
    The lady took it from her and opened it. "Hmm, so you are Eun Kyung, Jo Eun Kyung"
    "Yes" she answered
    "Wait... Jo Eun Kyung, why does the name sound familiar.
    "Does it?" Eun Kyung asked. "But I haven't met you before.
    "Aha" she laughed. "I know where the name came from, you're Eun Hee's daughter and stay at Him Chan's house, you schooled at Hana"
    "How.. how did you know so much about me"
    "Uhh, I thought the name of this place has been changed or haven't you seen it...Oh..Seo Jun the guy you eloped with didn't teach you this aspect?"
    Eun Kyung stood to her feet angrily. "I don't know who you are and I haven't met you before that I'm certain of so you have no right to speak to me that way"
    "Sit down young lady"
    "Are you going to keep sounding like that to me. I may be in need of a job but I'm not in a hurry to work here" with that she took her CV from her hand and turned walking to the door.
    "Wait!!" She shouted and Eun Kyung halted without turning back to her..
    "You want to know who I am?, Fine I'll introduce myself. My name is Haneul and this is called HANEUL'S EMPIRE"
    "Ha.. Haneul" Eun Kyung stammered slowly turning to her, she had heard that name before but tried to put it all together.
    "Yes my dear, I am Him Chan's wife and Hwang's mother, I must be honest you aren't looking that bad yourself"
    Eun Kyung sighed. "So that's why you're talking to me like that?"
    "How is it my fault?, When I came to visit my son you were missing so we didn't get to know each other. I'm willing to give you the job though besides we're family aren't we?"
    Eun Kyung scoffed. "Family.."
    "Yes"
    "I'll talk to my uncle" she turned from her
"For how long will you take his permission to live your life?"
    "It has to do with you that's why he's involved. Excuse me.."
    "You'll come back to me Eun Kyung, funny because I'll accept you back, I just don't why I really want to give you this job"
    Eun Kyung didn't say another word but opened the door walking out.

    Him Chan paced up and down the house, Eun Kyung was seated looking at him, she had told him about her meeting Haneul and he hadn't said anything since..
    "Talk already, you can't keep pacing like that" she said and he faced her folding his arms.
    "You can't work there" he finally spoke
    "Understood" she answered and stood up walking away
    "Eun Kyung" he called and she stopped turning to him.
    "I... I'm so sorry you're getting involved in this mess I just...I just don't want her to see you as an opportunist and..."
    "Uncle Him Chan I understand, I know what you mean don't feel guilty"
    "Thank you and please do me a favor, don't let Hwang know about this"
    "Don't let Hwang know what??" Hwang's voice came and they all turned to him.
    "Uhh nothing. Are you back from school?"
    "Yes dad and please don't change the topic. What are you both trying to keep from me"
    "Uhhh" stammered Him Chan
    "It's nothing Hwang, your dad and my Mom planned another outing for all of us next weekend" Eun Kyung said and Him Chan raised a brow.
    "Why does it feel so much like you're lying"
    Eun Kyung chuckled before walking to him. "Lying ehh?"
    "Yeah" he answered and she hit his head slightly
    "Eun Kyung!" He called
    "Who are you yelling at. Ya!, Come over here now!" She shouted running after him and he ran from her as she chased after him.
    Him Chan smiled before walking away.

    "Hmm" Nari nodded as Eun Kyung narrated what happened to her, she was munching on a popcorn holding the bowl.
    "So..she was Haneul" Eun Kyung finished narrating tapping her finger on the table.
    "This is crazy, I didn't know Victoria sold the empire already. I'm sorry Eun Kyung, I didn't mean to make you bump into Haneul like that"
    "I don't know Nari, I mean why should she show up now and why should she be the owner of the fashion empire I really want to work in. I mean why does everything go awkward for me all the time"
    "Enough, I don't want you talking like that, we'll have dinner tonight, just us"
    "Yeah, don't forget you promised Hwang an outing" Eun Kyung reminded.
    "That I'll fulfill on his birthday"
    "Hmm"
    "Come on, cheer up girl. Come on have some popcorn" Nari said handling the bowl of popcorn to her friend
Eun Kyung smiled taking it from her and munching on it as they watched the television.

    Eun Kyung lifted Mrs Donna's daughter from her crib.
    "She's so small and cute" she said smiling.
    "Sure she is" Mrs Donna beamed watching Eun Kyung carry her daughter in her arms. She narrowed her eyes to Nari who was having a hard time with her first child Dae Hyun as he sticked a tongue out for her..
    "Ya come here" Nari shouted standing and chasing after the boy who ran to his mother's back and Nari blushed moving to Eun Kyung's side.
    "He's naughty"
    "Very" Mrs Donna added and both girls chuckled
    "So Eun Kyung why didn't you call when you came. I was really expecting to see you"
    "Well.. it's a long story, I had lots of things to do that's why" Eun Kyung explained.
    "Lots" Nari added
"Oh. What about Seo Jun, I haven't heard from him for so long though I lost my phone and lost all my contacts"
    Nari looked at Eun Kyung who did the same before they looked at Mrs Donna
    "Seo Jun doesn't chat me up, we... We're not talking currently"
    "Not talking, but why?" She asked
    "Well..." Eun Kyung stammered
    "Seo Jun's behaving like a jerk and it really sucks, I really wants Eun Kyung to have a different man in her life now" Nari snapped and both Mrs Donna and Eun Kyung gapped at her.
    "Uhh Nari" Eun Kyung called and she faked a laughter.
    "I'll be out for a while" she said and walked out of the room
"What happened?" Mrs Donna continued and Eun Kyung nodded.
    "I don't know.. maybe it's one of those days when you feel too matured to talk to others and you just wanna block them and...."
    "Nahh that's not true" Mrs Donna interrupted, she could sense pain in Eun Kyung's voice. "Seo Jun is not like that and you know it"
    "Do I?, It's been five years Mrs Donna five good years. It's impossible for him to still remain the same"
    "Well... Maybe yes he might have changed in appearance, become more handsome and have more body build but that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about his feelings towards you Eun Kyung, they haven't changed and i know it"
    "I......" Eun Kyung stammered.
    "Eun Kyung..." Mrs Donna called.
    "I don't want to talk about this" she said and slowly laid the baby in her crib.
    "Eun Kyung.." Mrs Donna called again.
    "Nari is waiting for me outside, I'll come visit another time" with that she walked away before Mrs Donna could say another word.

    Nari was relaxed on the car as Eun Kyung approached her.
    "So.. how did it go?" She asked
    "Nari..." Eun Kyung called with an '𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑒'.
"What?" Nari asked
    "Nari..." She chuckled
    "What..?"
    "You'll really want another man in my life?"
    "Well.. that Uhh came out wrongly" she stammered and Eun Kyung laughed
    "I cannot believe you said that, it was like you kept it in your heart for a long time and just blurted out"
    "Whatever Eun Kyung, let's go now"
    "To where?"
    "Somewhere special, I don't want to talk about Seo Jun believe me. Hop in"
    Eun Kyung got into the car and Nari drove off.
    In the middle of the ride Eun Kyung's phone vibrated, a message had come in. She checked it and  found out it was from Seo Yun.
    '𝐼'𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒, 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡....?'
    Eun Kyung sighed looking at the road as Nari drove.
    "Who's that?" Nari asked with her eyes on the road
"Seo Yun"
    "Seo what?"
    "I said Seo Yun"
    "Choi Seo Yun" she laughed. "I almost forgot that alien still existed"
    "He's not an alien Nari and he wants us to meet".
    "When?"
    "Well right now, he's waiting at my place"
    "Waiting!!, Are you seeing him?" Nari asked
    "We just met ones"
    "Oh my God, do you want to see him"
    "Yeah" Eun Kyung answered
    "Why?"
    "He wants to see me and remember you said you wanted someone else in my life so..."
    Nari stepped on the breaks making them come to an abrupt stop.
    "Nari!!" Eun Kyung yelled frightfully. "You don't just step on the brakes like that in the middle of the road, for goodness sake a car could have bumped into us"
    "Cut the crap!" She faced her. "Why are you seeing Seo Yun, seriously anyone but Seo Yun. That guy creeps me out"
    "He's not into me and...."
    "I said cut it!!" Her voice rose. "He's into you, he's been into you since high school"
    "Nari calm down. It's just Seo Yun please and it's been five years already, he couldn't still feel anything for me".
    Nati groaned clenching her fist. "And you still mention him, it sucks hearing it"
    Eun Kyung laughed now. "You're really gonna explode"
    "Thank goodness you know so let's go somewhere else"
    "You're driving to my place Nari and I need to be around him if I want to hear or know anything about Seo Jun"
    "Oh" Nari's voice came low. "All these for Seo Jun"
    "Well. Something like that"
    Nari exhaled looking straight. "Well, it better be like you just said"
    "Trust me" Eun Kyung said and leaned forward hugging Nari before placing a fast kiss on her cheek. "I love you baby girl"
    "I love you baby girl" Nari mouthed and Eun Kyung laughed. She started the engine and drove off.

    Eun Hee walked out of her house when she met someone resting on a car close to her building. She took slow steps when he turned to her.
    "Mrs Eun Hee" he beamed and walked up to her. "How have you been?" He asked and she faked a smile.
    "Uhh, I'm okay. All good but why are you here?" She asked.
"Ah.. I'm waiting for Eun Kyung"
    "You're waiting for Eun Kyung" she repeated and he nodded.
    "But why are you waiting for her?"
    "We're going out but don't worry, I won't be long with her"
    "Ohh...well will she go out with you?" She continued asking questions and Seo Yun's smile faded.
    "I believe Eun Kyung is an adult and should decide that for herself" he replied when a car drove close to them.
    Nari and Eun Kyung got down walking towards them.
"Hi Mom. This is Seo Yun, he's..."
    "I know him Eun Kyung" she interrupted and Nari hid her laughter.
    "I was going to get the groceries and he said he's going out with you" her mother said raising a brow.
    Eun Kyung faked a smile and nodded. "Yes Mom, both of us are going out"
    "Three..." Nari added glaring at Seo Yun who only had a smile on.
    "Oh, is that so?" Eun Hee asked.
    "It's good you've been informed, let's go Eun Kyung" Seo Yun said and took Eun Kyung's hand walking towards his car when Nari grabbed her other hand glaring at him.
    "What?" He asked and she gave a cheeky smile
    "Eun Kyung comes with me in my own car, do you understand....."