chapter 8: lazy day after the nightmare.

It was about 3 am when you heard a loud gasp and crying right next to you. Startled you woke up and flicked on the light. "Wally? " you asked looking softly over to him. He looked terrifed and distraught, though when he heard your voice he tried to wipe his eyes and look at you. "Don't worry about it darling.. How about we go back to sleep.. I was perhaps just.. Startled.. " he gave a small chuckle before glancing away from you. The reply made your heart sink as you held is hand, not knowing if he would be okay with a hug right now, but you kept your voice calm, even though it did sound a bit sleepy as you were literally asleep not even 5 minutes ago. You sighed and looked at him.

"You can talk to me, was it a nightmare then? " all Wally could give was a slight nod before laying down, you opened your arms slightly and looked at him. "Am I allowed to hug you? " you asked with that he also opened his arms, as instead of replying, which you humbly accepted that as the response and cuddled up to him. You sighed contently as he then soon started talking about the nightmare. As you had guessed it was about home. You listened thoughtfully you then answered, comforting him you kissed his face. "It'll be okay, I'm right here... " you mumbled as you planted a few more kisses. Which he did in response find himself a bit flustered, and seemed to cheer up a bit as well as relaxed, resulting him to go back to sleep, you gave him one last kiss before settling in, until the morning arrived.

You slept in a bit later until he woke you up with a shake. "Good morning sleepyhead.." He cooed softly as you stirred. Jokingly, you pushed his face and he laughed. "I'm upppp" you groaned as you slowly sat up. "Now what? " you yawned as you stretched awake. He smiled softly. "Well... I was thinking if you didn't have work that we could maybe just have a day all to our selves.. " you thought for a moment. Before replying. "I'll have to check really quick but if I'm not busy.. Sure, I'd like that" but right after you laughed a bit "didn't we just have a day to ourselves though? " you asked tilting your head and he looked at you for a moment before shrugging. "Welllll.. I guess we did but, still! " he smiled and leaned in closer to you. "I'd like to be around you all the time y/n.." He kissed you softly on the lips in which your face heated up and you shook your head. "Mhmmmm... Okay you dork.. Let me check my work. " in response he let out a snarky giggle. "I may be a dork but you're in love with me so... What does that make you? " he asked wrapping his arms around you as you opened up your laptop. You expected him to let go but he didn't, he stayed like that peering over your shoulder with the most cutest, content smile you could see on someone, so you didn't mind.

When you checked, you had one small thing to complete and it was a form, in which took you less than 10 minutes to finish. It ALMOST took longer due to Wally being a goof and not leaving you alone. You swore he acted like a cat who needed all the attention sometimes. But then you got up and looked at him affectionately. "Soooo what should we do? " you asked leaning on him as he met your look with the same smile he had before. "Whatever you want..hmmm.. Movies maybe? " he suggested. You nodded. "Sounds good! " you went onto the couch and got some food and drinks before settling down next to eachother, f/n had to ruin it just for a second as yelling. "Congrats on getting together! I heard your whole conversation last night! " f/n laughed. You blushed in embarrassment while Wally seemed a bit un-bothered. Then, you had an idea, for all the times recently he's made you feel all heated, why not do the same?

You started kissing him softly on the lips, then on the cheeks, then on his forehead, he chuckled nervously and his normal pink cheeks grew just a hue darker then what they normally were. He looked up at you. "My my y/n...i think you have given enough kisses.. " he was laughing and looking at you in awe during the same time. In response you giggled. "I don't think I have pretty boy.. " with that nickname he felt himself get warmer by the second and you kept kissing him while saying small words of praise. Eventually he was pretty pink everywhere on his face and he did that small tug on his Ascot. "Well now you're making me all flustered I suppose. " he smiled warmly up at you and you smiled back with a satisfied look. You then sat down happily and continued watching the movie, quietly he mumbled to you "I love you y/n..alot.." And with that you felt the adorable dork pull you just a bit closer to him as you two continued to watch the movie.