chapter 4: meeting the neighborhood

Now when you go into the next day, you still wondered what was the gaze that you could've felt, maybe it was part of your imagination, but you couldn't be too sure. Yet again though your day started the same, however you figured you better work on your job. Your friend left the prior night to spend time with their girlfriend and they would be out for a few days, so, you didn't really mind it. Now you went down to howdys to grab some apples and some other stuff to bake for later, in case you finished with your work and wanted something to do. With that you turned back home and walked in, getting started. Midway through, about 4 hours later there was a knock on your door. It was Wally. You smiled softly and looked at him.

"Hey Wally! What brings you here? " you asked smiling while sort of motioning him that he could come in. He laughed softly and shrugged. "Nothing much, neighbor! Thanks for asking though. I just wanted to check in.. That's all. " he stated as he took a seat at the kitchen table and then noticed your work.
"Ah, are you busy? I could leave... Or.. If it's work I could stay and help, I don't mind at all.. " Wally looked at you and gave a warm smile, that for whatever reason gave you butterflies whenever you thought about it. But quickly caught yourself and chuckled. "Well... If you want to, I wouldn't object! That's all I'm saying! " you replied cheerfully, on the inside hoping that he wouldn't notice what you just did, as you felt your face get warm you continued to ignore it. Then, he leaned in closer and scooted next to you as you worked. Occasionally he gave advice or double checked over things which really ended up helping you. Then after a bit longer he paused smiling.

"Actually, y/n, I've noticed you have yet to meet the other neighbors, howdy said you ran into him this morning but you two didn't really talk... So I thought if it was easier.. I could.. Walk with you and introduce you to everyone! " the other before you smiled and gestured, before continuing on with what he was talking about. "That way, we could also take a break from just all of this work.. And hang out, just us! Plus, more friends.. The merrier right? " Wally said while giving another giggle. You had to admit, his laugh was a bit cute. But you pushed that thought down and nodded. "Sure! That sounds really fun actually. Let me just go grab my coat and such from upstairs! One minute!" And with that Wally did wait for you as you came down with some boots and a jacket due to the weather being just a little chilly and it ended up raining while you slept so you wouldn't want to slip. Then you guys headed out. You started out with Julie's house who you remember meeting very so briefly, Wally gave a knock and the cheerful person answered.

"Hello hello! My what brings you here Wally? Oh!! The new neighbor! It's so great to meet you! " the blonde being jeered and blissfully invited you both inside, focusing the attention on to you. "I'm Julie! I'm gender fluid! What about you? What's your name and pronouns? It's so good to meet yo-! " and with that Wally gave a small smile and a quiet laugh. "Julie.. Don't frighten poor y/n, I mean they just got here. " he reminded her, which you sort of appreciated, but if you were being honest, you didn't mind too much, as you continued. "I'm y/n and I am (insert pronouns or gender)! " you replied with a friendly smile. Julie nodded. "Great! I have a feeling we would be good friends, I'm so glad I finally got to meet you! Wally said youd come around! Just that you were shy! " just as they finished y/n looked at Wally with a playful grin. "You think I was shy? " you asked, tilting your head, into which he nodded. "Well..well.. I mean, yeah, I guess so. " he admitted glancing away, bashfully. He felt himself tint more on his already rose colored cheeks but tried to act as if he didn't notice, which was something he was very good at doing.

After a bit of back and fourth, you finally ended up going to frank Franklys house who to your surprise had Eddie. You smiled and waved to Eddie. "Hey! You work with f/n, they said you're really nice. Sorry, I'm their friend, y/n l/n.its great to finally meet you Eddie. " you laughed happily  as Wally looked very relaxed and nodded to the too. Frank looked confused but stepped aside to let you both in. Then Eddie replied. "Well, yeah! I do work with them, they're very nice and cool to work with! Wally's said similar about you though, just not in the working aspect! " frank nodded but turned to you. "It's nice.. To meet you though, y/n, I'm frank, his husband.. You seem great. " he gave a simple nod and you nodded back. "Thank you! You too frank, you two so belong together! " you joked as you noticed franks face flushing up at the mention and leaning onto eddies arm, into which they wrapped their arms over one another's shoulder. After about 10 minutes frank did cut in. "I'm sorry y/n and Wally but.. Me and Eddie actually have a small date going on.. If you could.. " you nodded and understood. "Of course! " you chuckles and waved goodbye. But then the thought reoccured to you about what Eddie had mentioned, you turned to Wally as you walked across the neighborhood too go see Sally.