Chapter 42

•Hope's p.o.v•

I couldn't make out every object in the night sky, but was thing was clear. A bright yellow fire came from a near by sight, and I was beyond then curious to see what it was about. I walked down the gravel, placing my feet over the pebbles lying on the cold hard ground.
"Today we are going to be talking about Rick Grimes.." I could hear the distant sayings of a person. I squint my eyebrows in confusion. Why would they talk about Rick? I jogged a little and came through the bricks on the opening.
"Hey, what's going on?" I questioned, hanging on to the side brick wall, arms over my chest. It was more then half the community in here, and it worried me. I saw Maggie make eye contact with Michonne then Deanna. Deanna gave Maggie a whats she doing here face. That made me gain a few ounces of anger. She mumbled along the lines of I got it. Maggie then made her way towards me, all eyes following her path or already set on my body. I got chills of the thought, but let it go to rest. She rested her hand on my shoulder and I gave a wtf? face.
"Leave okay? This is nothing for young ones." She whispered to me. I looked around and saw Jessie. She was scared and nervous. Michonne, brave and confident. Abraham, Rosita. My group. What are they doing?!
"No. What's going on." I demanded. I crossed my arms over my chest, getting furious by every minute. She had not right to call me a young one when she knows everything that had happened on this path to making it at Alexandria.
"Why did Rick come outcha mouth?!" I point at Deanna. She calmly sat there, watching everything I was doing. Which to my point of view was not a lot. All I wanted was a response, and if they don't tell me the easy way, they don't know the things I will go through to find out.
"We are just discussing every thing that happened a few days back." She said.
"About Rick getting a little out of control." she finished. I felt my chest start to puff up and down. I was getting agitated and angry. I never liked the idea of seeing or hearing anyone talk about my family. And that really ticked me off.
"Just go home." Maggie whispered once again, but more aggressively. I took a glance around the little camp they made, all eyeballs set on me.
"I'll figure it out." I point to each and everyone. If this was a community built for every person to speak their minds, how come we "young" ones didn't have a voice? Or been told anything? I knew something was up. And nothin good. I walked out the place, and headed "home." I ran into Rick on my way there. He had a jacket on with some jeans. I guess he was going there as well.
"Hey Hope." he said. I looked at him for a moment, and started to walk again. I think he sensed the fact that I was angered cause I could hear footsteps going on behind me.
"What do ya want? Can't you see I'm walkin here?!" I responded way to angry. That didn't affect him. He just waited until he could talk.
"What's going on?" he finally asks. I shrug my shoulders, acting like I don't know. He looked around and licked his lips. That's when I could hear groans behind me. I quickly and suddenly reached for my knife and saw a walker. I was so shocked I couldn't move and was brought down. I tried pushing it away with my hands, but the damn thing had a good ass grip. I saw another knife enter its skull and I stood there. It was Rick. The ugly ass thing fell off my body and on the cracked road. I looked at him and sighed, looking back at the walker. I guess it was an instinct at the time that me and Rick looked at each other possibly thinking the same thing.

There could be more.

-----------
"How'd they get in?!" Rick panted as we ran to the gates.
"I don't know!" I yelled back loud enough to hear him over my heavy breathing. We got to the fence and slowed down once we reached it.
It was open.
I thought back as to how that could happen, possibly since I was the last one to enter the gates. That's when it hit me. That preacher. The horrible man that was no good at all. I balled my fists up and anger took full control of my body. I looked back at Rick and noticed his fingertips covered in goo. It was dark, red and dirty. Walker blood. We looked at each other and nodded. He shut the gate right and we started sped walking, running halfway through it.
"We gotta check around the town, make sure there's no more!" he demanded. I nodded in agreement.
"I'm gunna go hunt them down. You run around door to door telling them to stay inside." He yelled. I nodded and sprinted to the first door I saw. I had my knife in my hands, and I'm pretty sure that looked wrong in that view point on the other side of the door, but I didn't care.
"OPEN UP!" I yelled, banging loudly on the door. I was just standing there huffing and puffing waiting on the person to open it. I looked around every so often to make sure there was no walkers coming behind me. I was about to run off when I heard the footsteps coming down the stairs. A little girl, probably like five, opened up the door rubbing her little eyes.
"What are you doing here?" she asked so innocently. I hated to ruin her sleep, but this was saving lives.
"Listen," I started bending down to her level, resting my hands on her shoulders.
"I want you to stay inside and lock all your doors. Take yourself into your parents room with any other siblings and stay there, I'll check up once I'm done doing what I'm doing, got it?" I asked. She was fully awake now, trembling as I felt my fingers shake. But it wasn't my body, it was hers. I hugged her and she nodded. I watched her close the door in my face and I didn't leave until I heard a lock.