Chapter #33

•Daryl's p.o.v•
I was waitin. Waiting for my little sister to wake up. Just sitting on the dusty floor boards that probably get cleaned by Carol. I kept twisting the wings to my arrows, in every direction.
"They'll get you killed if you keep doing that." I heard some one say, referring to my actions. I stopped and looked behind me. That's when I saw her. My little sister awake. I try to hide my smile, but failed. I grinned happily and stood up to see her smile as well.
"See your awake little sister?" I ask.
"Really?" she asks sarcastically. I chuckle and pull a chair from the far right of the room, dragging it to the bedside.
" How ya feelin?" I ask, touching her forehead. A little fever. I'll ask carol, when I see her, to give me some antibiotics to knock it off.
" Good, for now. Slight headache, but nothing to painful." She says back. I nod my head. She struggles to get up, but does anyways. She finally sits up against the headboard and relaxes.
" Where's Ja-" she cuts off mid sentence, going completely numb. She doesn't move or say anything. Her eyeballs are stuck there and I get a little worried. I wave my hand in her face and she just blinks. A tear finally made the way down her slightly toned face and I wipe it with my tough thumb.
" Its ok." I repeat over and over. Mumbling the more I say it, knowing for her it's not.
" They died cause of me.... three innocent people...all cause of me." She whispers barely audible. I felt really bad just standing there. Doing nothing and letting herself blame their deaths on her. Maggie told me about the deaths right before Carl yelled for us up here in the bathroom. I was upset, but I'm a Dixon. And we don't use our emotions.
" This is not your fault..." I grumble underneath my breath . She just sat there. Hope Dixon, awake and stubborn. Yep, she's one of us. She's just like him.She reminds me of Merle Dixon, and I guess that's another reason she means more to me then the rest.(I do care for them though)
" If only I thought faster..RUSHED US OUT OF THERE! SOPHIA-JAY-NEVAEH! THEY COULD ALL BE HERE!" She yelled. I stayed silent while she had her mini temper right now.(Btw, never interrupt a girl in the middle of an outburst.)
".....Alive..." Says she the last part. I didn't say nothing right there, knowing she needed a few seconds to cool down from her mood change. I know she'll be calm in a minute, she's quite bipolar. She had hot tears running from her cheeks. Her lips slobbery and wet from talking/yelling and crying at the same time. I felt bad for this girl. My little sister. The one who had a life like me. The one who felt nothing, only to the people who mattered. The one whose suffering as much as I did with Merle. Only I didn't burst out much like this. She was now laying on her side, facing me. I sighed and sat down.
" We can't be the hero. You can't be the hero." I mumble to her, brushin her hair past her ear.
"J-Jay told me to t-tell you guys h-he will miss you." She spits out while hiccuping. She was whimpering now. Probably as sick as I am from losing people. We all are.
"Tha-that for y-you to ta-take care of me." She whispers. I got shivers down my spine, feeling guilt that if she ever dies, it will be all on me.
" I'll try.... only if you do." I say. She nods her head, calming herself down. We stayed like this for a good couple of 10-15 minutes. I guess it took Carl quite awhile to get there with his dad, knowing the destination. I get up and she flinches, seeing my motions.
" Where ya going?" she asks, rubbing her eyelids, obviously still sleepy.
" I have to go work.." I say sheepishly, rubbin the back of my neck. She sighs and gets up stretching. She comes near me and wraps her small fragile arms around my torso.
" Be careful." She mumbles in my lower chest. She always was short compared to everybody here. I tensed at first, but finally did it. I wrapped my arms around her body, giving her the confront from her only family she has now.
" Always am." I say. I let go and she climbs back in bed. I tossed her a shirt from the end of the bed, considering she was only wearing her sports bra. (Wasn't awkward though, remember she was sweating). She caught it, and tossed it over her head. I bent down and picked up my crossbow, slinging it over my shoulder. I grabbed the chair and slide it over to the side again. I sighed and walked near her, placing a soft gentle kiss on her forehead. Her head was softly placed on the pillow, and she smiled from the action. I grinned and walked towards the door. I opened up the rusted boards, leaving me to the light shinning out from this slightly lite room that was Carl's. I took one last glance and focused on her.
I love you. She mouthed the words and I looked at her, down to the floors, out the hallway, back at her and nodded. I closed the door, leaving it slightly cracked to let little light in the room that was already lighting up from sunrise. I stood there a couple seconds, then went to look for Aaron. Ready to search.

*Hey so this is of Daryl Dixon's point of view. What do ya think? It was a little hard to make him sweet for his sister but also the badass of a brother and man he is. Does she sound like Merle? How was that like? Bringing him in a little for reminder? Tell me if you want more point of views on the other characters and if this was good! Love ya and bye!*