Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Aurora," He said quietly. He heard rustling, followed by the clicking of the door unlocking. He watched as it slowly opened, seeing a head of blonde curls peep out. He didn't get the chance to properly look at her before she flung herself on him. Synn caught her, wrapping her legs around his torso as he clasped the back of her head and tucked it into his neck. The feeling that washed over both of their bodies was indescribable the second they were in eachothers arms. Synn closed his eyes and took it in for the brief moment they had. Auroras eyes began to water as tears slowly leaked out. She was so scared, but now, despite what was going on in the house, she had never felt so safe.

"I thought I'd never see you again," She mumbled, voicing the fears that had been haunting her. Synn tightened his hold on her, hearing the fear and worry in her voice. Despite it being an awful feeling, he secretly loved it, knowing nobody ever felt that way about him before.

"I'm here, baby," He whispered, kissing the top of her head, making her insides turn to goo. He pulled away for a second, holding her face in his hand to check for any signs of injuries.

"I'm okay, I'm not hurt," She quickly clarified when she noticed what he was doing. Synn nodded in relief and reluctantly put her down. He held onto her waist with one hand, cupping the side of her face with the other as he looked down at her. She looked up at him, big glossy eyes that were a tell she had been crying.

"I'm gonna get you out of here, okay?" He said seriously. Aurora nodded. He grabbed her hand and began to guide her out of the room.

"What about my brothers?" She asked worriedly. She hadn't seen any of them yet, she could hear it all but she didn't know if any of them were okay. It was killing her.

"They will be fine, but my main priority is your safety. You're not fighting with me on this one, " Synn replied sternly, leaving no room for argument. Aurora stayed quiet, knowing she wasn't gonna get anywhere, and she had to just trust him. And she did.

Synn checked every hall before they walked down it, keeping her close, tucked behind him and away from the gun he had in front of him. He went to turn a corner back towards the back staircase and hopefully leave the way he came, but as he did, he saw three men standing around there that he didn't recognise. He pulled Aurora back around and put a hand over her mouth. He knew he could take them if he was on his own, but he wasn't. It was Auroras' life at risk now as well, and he wasn't prepared to risk it any further. One glance at her big doe mixed colour eyes confirmed it, and he didn't want her to see that side of him again. She has seen before, but that was when he was clad in his hood. Now it was different.
Everything was different. He grabbed her hand again and led her the opposite way.

Unfortunately, this only left the main staircase. He didn't even think about taking slow steps as he saw the front door still wide open. Once they made it to the bottom, however, two men walked through the front. He swore under his breath. Shooting the both of them in a heartbeat, which caused Aurora to yelp in shock. He didn't want to chance walking out there in case there was anymore, so her dragged her through the living room just before they heard a yell from another room.

"They're down the stairs!"

Just then, two men came in through the kitchen, both of them on alert. Synn shot one, causing him to drop, but as he went to shoot the other, he realised he was out of bullets. The guy shot at them relentlessly as Synn launched at him. One managed to hit Synn in the shoulder, causing him to hiss as he grabbed onto the man's arms. Bullets were flying everywhere as Synn practically wreslted with him. One went flying, and he heard Aurora let out a scream that paralysed him for a moment. He turned to see her on the floor, clutching her leg that was now beginning to bleed. The guy managed to push Synn off and butt him in the head with the heel of the gun, causing him to stumble back for a moment. The guy gathered himself quickly and pointed the gun at Synn, but Synn gathered himself quicker. His anger took over, and he saw red at the man who hurt Aurora. He grabbed the knife from his pocket and threw it straight into his throat. The guy dropped the gun and fell to the floor.