I'd give up forever to touch you

_______________

Meeting someone who makes you feel so complete, they're the closest you'll ever be to heaven. Their touch is to freeing you'd give up forever to feel it, but what if you haven't felt it, what if you're unable to because 4,336 miles is preventing you from doing so? It was hard for Dream, but it was bizarre to him how he knew basically everything about George despite ever only seeing him through a screen.

Although they were 6 hours apart, they tried to make it work by making their sleep schedules go in sync, otherwise Dream would still be asleep while George was having lunch. It often lead to late night calls, sometimes they even fell asleep on call together, but it somehow extremely comforting for the both of them. They hadn't had the chance to see each other in real life just yet, so any sort of conversation or presence made them feel reassured.

"What's one thing you'd give up everything for?" George asked Dream as he swayed side to side while a glow radiated off his PC screen in the dimly lit room.

"I'd give up forever to touch you." Dream was spoken softly, his voice had a slight tremble in it that indicated he was nervous. He lifted his head up off the desk and swallowed thickly as he could hear his heart palpitate loudly. He wasn't going to lie, there was going to be some point where he'd have to tell George, now felt like the right time, but it didn't feel like the right thing to say when he realized the call was silent.

Dream was about to hang up or say something, but he didn't, he was frozen. He didn't know if it was from fear or because he was captivated, but he waited. George cleared his throat, the sound of his gaming chairs wheels rolled forward against the floorboards.

"You'll be able to in 3 days." George broke the silence, thankfully as Dream was too scared to. After saying something like that, he knew he couldn't continue it as it was too risky. It was too risky to be acting like that so intensely before he moved in.

"It's too far away, why can't it be sooner?" He sighed, letting his head drop back down onto his forearm as he looked at all the scattered objects on his desk. He thought about cleaning his desk for a second, but decided to just leave it as he wanted to carry on talking to George;.

"I just have to say goodbye to some people and pack. We can stay on call the whole day before I get on the plane." It made him feel somewhat better George was going to stay on call with him for the majority of that day, despite the fact it would most likely be a long tedious call where they are both dreading the long plane flight.

"I suppose." Dream mumbled, it seemed like such a long time to wait. He had been friends with George for many years, but somehow these three days felt like they were going to be even longer. George was just three days away from being home, and Dream was just three days away from having his home complete.

"You'll be okay, right? You seem...out of it today." George asked, he didn't seem very enthusiastic about meeting up. He was exhilarated when George said he got his VISA, but now he seemed upset.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking about something last night and it made me realize something." There it was again, something Dream wanted to refrain from telling George, but he just simply couldn't lie to him any longer. The call was flooded once again with the dreaded silence neither of them wanted to break.

"What?" George asked once again, breaking the tedious silence. Dream lifted his head off his arm and sat up, the back of his head pushing against the fabric on his gaming chair. He sighed and looked at the same old profile picture George had had for years, he never asked why George had it even though he questioned it to himself often.

"I don't think...- I'll tell you tomorrow, okay?" Dream smiled as if George could see. George groaned and scoffed as he didn't like surprises or anything that feel under the line of that.

"Ugh, you can't just leave me on a cliffhanger like that." George laughed. Dream loved George's laugh, whenever he heard him laugh he would always smile to himself. He would always add onto jokes when George was laughing just to hear him laugh even more. It was some of the many things he loved so much about George.

"I'll tell you tomorrow, I promise." Dream smiled. His smile could practically be heard from the way he spoke. He spoke so softly with a few giggles slipping through here and there. George sighed at how he had to wait for yet another thing, but it was another thing to keep him excited until he was at Florida.

"Alright, I'll talk to you tomorrow, I love you." The dirty blonde waved goodbye as if George could see him. He heard a lighthearted scoff from the other end of the call as George mumbled "You're such an idiot" in an endearing way.

"I suppose I love you too." He emphasized the 'suppose' to slightly tease Dream, who was focused on something else. He was there physically, but mentally, he was elsewhere. He cleared his throat before before dragging his cursor over the large red button on his screen to hang up.

Dream exhaled and sharply inhaled right after. It felt like the weight of the world had just been lifted off his shoulders. He loves George, even if it was or wasn't romantic he still showed love to him all the time. He liked his friends to know he loved them and was there for them, especially George.

For some reason, it was like the tension that didn't even exist in the first place, had been cut. Dream didn't know there was tension, there never had been in their conversations so he was confused as to why it so so different now, but nonetheless, he brushed it off as nervousness because they were meeting up soon.

Unfortunately, he knew he had to tell George something that had been on his mind for a while.

That something was his crush on George.

1062 words