41

Contains graphic depictions of violence, guns, character death, major character injury, blood.

"So, you want to kill your father?"

"A monster like him is not my father. He deserves to rot in hell for all eternity."

Hoseok gulps, not saying anything else.

"You haven't been sleeping well, Jackson. You should rest up. You can stay here until you–" Yoongi's attempt is futile. "If there's anything left in you that remembers our friendship, you know that I cannot rest until I see his eyes close forever. If you had even a little compassion for me, you'd understand."

"I do understand, Jackson." Yoongi brushes his hair back. "I know you want to kill him, so do I and yet, you don't have a plan. You're acting out of emotions, I would too, but this is irrational. One wrong move and it could get really dangerous."

Jackson grits his teeth. "I have insider knowledge none of you do. My father," he barely brings the words over his lips. "H-He's not to be underestimated, yes, but we can bring him down."

"How?" Yoongi raises his hand slightly, very aware of Namjoon's aggressive stance next to him. "How can we trust you? How the fuck can we be sure that you won't walk in there and lure us in yet another trap?"

"Joon–" Yoongi warns him quietly.

Jackson stares at the IV in his hand, head lowered. "He's right, Yoongi. You have nothing but my word. I can't expect you to help me."

"And you have mine."

Namjoon stares at Yoongi, rage burning in his eyes. "Hyung," he hisses. There's surprise, relief, a mix of emotions swirling in his old friend's eyes. One sticks out the most. Hope.

"I gave you my word too, Jackson."

A week has passed since then.
Namjoon nearly ripped Yoongi's head off and he's still very not on board with everything. The others are hesitant as well. Yoongi understands that.

Jackson's initial plan was attacking his father's mansion, catching him off guard and shooting a bullet through his skull. While it might be an okay plan, Jungkook pointed out that Wang Suk has a tight security. The risk is simply too high.

The idea comes rather unexpected and in the form of a dinner. Wang requests to see his son.

"Your father has been silent this entire time. Do you really think he hasn't been waiting for this?"

Jackson's expression hardens and he turns to Yoongi. "It doesn't matter. I'll kill him."

"We plan a surprise attack." Jackson's head snaps up. "You can have dinner with your father, however, I believe you can't hold yourself together when you see him. Maybe at the beginning but not when Wang opens his mouth."

"I can. I want to do this alone, without endangering any of you," Jackson says. "He might talk about Mark." Hoseok chips in. "Nothing he says will throw me off track. I'm gonna bring him down."

Yoongi rubs his temple. "What about his men? He's not going to come alone. You can't take down multiple men at once."

"They won't be with him. My f-father always sends them away when we're dining."

They don't have anything to counter his arguments. Jackson knows best.

Only twelve hours later, Yoongi finds himself hiding outside of Yoongi's mansion. Jungkook stands right behind him, giving him an encouraging smile. "We'll be back soon, don't worry," Namjoon mumbles from the other side.