32

This chapter mentions past trauma and abuse. Be careful while reading.

Jimin startles awake with a gasp. His body feels numb, tears springing to his eyes almost immediately. He feels sick, sick to his stomach as if someone punched him, but he holds himself back and tries to just breathe. His vision is a bit blurry, but he knows that he's in Yoongi's bed and therefore is back at the mansion, safe and sound. Jackson is gone and is not going to hurt him again. He's safe again, finally.

His throat hurts and breathing isn't as easy as it should be. It's normal though, these symptoms aren't unusual after drowning, yet they're very unpleasant. God, Jimin feels so weak and lost. He desperately wants to see Yoongi. The last thing he recalls is his lover's panicked face and red-rimmed eyes.

Yoongi cried. His Yoongi cried.

Although his body is protesting, Jimin sits up and goes to stand up, steadying himself on the infusion bar to maintain his balance. Misty-eyed, he turns to the window, seeing Taehyung as well as Yoongi out on the balcony. They seem to be talking. Only a second later he processes the thought fully. Taehyung and Yoongi are talking? Oh. And they're hugging? Oh.

Jimin doesn't get much time to further think about the possible consequences of Yoongi talking to his best friend, because all of a sudden, Yoongi sees him. Jimin's eyes meet Yoongi's and he tears up, craving comfort from the person that saved him.

"Jimin–" Yoongi whispers and Taehyung pulls away in surprise, but the older male already brushes past him and disappears inside.

Just as his knees are about to buckle, Yoongi wraps his arms around his waist and brings Jimin to his chest. "Jimin. My Jiminie," he whispers into his hair, not letting him go. "Y-Yoongi," Jimin sobs, so glad to be back here, at his second home, so relieved to be safe.
"I'm so glad you're alive.", Yoongi says, taking Jimin's small hand in his while simultaneously caressing the back of his head. "Because of you. You saved me," he whimpers, but Yoongi shushes him gently.

"I promised, didn't I?" Jimin's heart hammers against his chest. "Yes you did. I never doubted you."

Yoongi exhales sharply. All anger, fear and tension washes away and disappears into the back of his mind. He holds Jimin a little bit tighter. Just for a bit longer.

Once Jimin's eyes fall on Taehyung who silently stands in the door frame wiping his eyes, he pulls away from Yoongi. "Tae," he whispers and nearly throws himself into his arms, desperately holding onto him like he's going to disappear if he lets go. "Minnie–" Taehyung can't breathe. "Careful," he whispers, holding Jimin upright. "I'm so happy you're here," Jimin cries, not caring about anything else.

Sniffling, Taehyung closes his eyes, letting the tears roll down his cheeks. "You had me terrified. I-I didn't know what was going on, oh god, Jimin, I feared the worst."

Moments later, Jimin starts calming down, tiredly leaning his head against Taehyung's chest. Taehyung's still crying, silently taking a look at each and every bruise on Jimin's body. "I'm okay, Tae. I-It doesn't hurt," he reassures, recognizing the anxious look in his best friend's eyes. "I know it looks bad, but please stop crying. I'm feeling okay."

"How's your head?" Yoongi asks. "Not too bad. I'm a bit lightheaded," Jimin answers softly and grabs onto Taehyung's arms to steady himself. "How about your ankle?" Jimin musters up a brave smile. "A bit swollen, but it'll be okay."

Suddenly, Jimin gasps. "Is Hobi okay? Please tell me he is. H-He wasn't with you. I-Is everyone okay?" Jimin rambles, thinking back to the four males who all risked their lives to save him, especially Hoseok who took a bullet for him.