21

This chapter contains a mental breakdown.
Proceed with caution.

"Alright, we need pasta.", Jin states as he reads the recipe in front of him. Jimin looks around in the kitchen, wondering where the pasta could be.

A soft chuckle rips him from his thoughts and he turns to look at Jin. "There's the pasta, right next to all the sauces and spices.", he explains, pointing towards a cupboard. "What kind?" Jin giggles softly.
"Doesn't matter. Take the one you want.". He smiles again at Jimin's puzzled expression.
Jimin's not at all experienced in the Italian cuisine, though he does enjoy the food.

"What's next?", Jin asks him after he chose one type of pasta. Jimin glances at the sauce and the vegetables in front of him. "Cutting the vegetables in pieces before putting mixing them with sauce.", He reads off the recipe, bringing the sauce into one of the pots while Jin starts cutting the vegetables.

"Yoongi will do everything he can to protect you from harm, you know that right?", the oldest begins after a moment of silence, turning to look at Jimin. A shiver runs down his spine. Slowly, he nods, avoiding Jin's gaze on him. "Good, don't forget that."

Around thirty minutes of comfortable silence, Jimin and Jin sit down on the kitchen table, their plates full with food. "Enjoy.", Jin says sweetly and tastes the food, smiling brightly when he realizes how good it is. Jimin takes a bite as well, a soft smile crossing his face at Jin's happy expression. "It's good.", he mumbles after a few seconds, earning another bright smile in return. Jin's a person who smiles a lot, although he too went through tough times.

According to Yoongi, he lost both of his parents at an age where he knows exactly what's going on. It must've been very hard for him to become the person he is now. "What's on your mind? You can talk to me.", Jin interrupts his train of thought, giving him a warm smile. It holds so much emotion and sincerity that Jimin nearly starts crying again.

A smile can change a lot of things sometimes.

"What was it like for you? Back then when you just lost your parents?", Jimin voices his thoughts, breathing shakily. The topic already feels heavy on his shoulders. "Hard, really hard. Yoongi was the one who kept me going, though he'd probably say the same thing about me. Seeing him go through so many horrible things and come out stronger made me find the motivation to do it as well.", Jin recalls, sighing softly at the end of his sentence.

"How did you do it?", Jimin asks carefully, drinking some water. Again, Jin smiles, running a hand through his hair. "I used violence to cope. Months later, after I came to terms with the death of my parents, I realized that this wasn't me. So, I studied medicine by myself, practicing on Yoongi and later on the other boys. Namjoon almost died because of me one time.
His injuries were really severe and I was inexperienced. But I managed to save him and got stronger from that experience."

The next question that comes to Jimin's mind makes him stop for a second, not knowing if he really wants to know or not. But eventually, he decides to ask for it nevertheless. If he wants to understand, he needs every little detail. "Did you kill people too?", he asks quietly, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater.

A soft sigh escapes Jin's mouth and he looks at Jimin, seeing the younger male tense up. "Yes, I did," the oldest answers quietly. "But I've started to distance myself from it. I'm here to make sure the boys are safe.", he adds before drinking some water.

"Can you tell me about Y-Yoongi-Hyung?"
Jin leans back into his seat. "Sure. I suppose he told you a lot already, right? He was difficult to talk to and very, oh god, very stubborn. He dealt with a lot at the time, constantly getting beaten by the men of his father. The men were supposed to look after him, look after us, but all they did was abuse him. We were never touched, Yoongi took every hit for us, begging them to leave us alone. It's his way of caring."