Bound By Fate, A Battle of Rivals! ~ CH-130

Start from the beginning

"Paul has trapped Ash in a tricky situation now that the field is scattered with invisible rocks!"

Ash looked on, gritting his teeth in frustration. He knew full well what Stealth Rock did and this meant he had to stay in with Torterra as the next pokemon surely would take damage from the move.

His other option was trying to get rid of the Stealth Rock but the question was how...

Figuring that out would be something for later. Now he had to focus what's infront of him. He looked closely at Garchomp, studying every feature of his opponent. He knew that Garchomp was fast and strong. Additionally, it had barely any weaknesses.

"Use Energy Ball!" Ash pointed straight ahead, thinking that offense was the best way to continue now. Torterra formed a large ball of green glowing energy infront of its mouth before letting out a loud screeching sound and firing it off towards the large land shark.

Paul was quick to respond. "Slice it with Dragon Claw!" He waved his hand dismissively.

Garchomp's claw immediately started glowing in a green, scaly colour. "Garrr!" It screeched as the Energy Ball was about to strike but before it could, Garchomp sliced it in half, making both halves pass the ground and dragon type before exploding on the ground behind. Smoke appeared behind it, highlighting the pokemon's awesomeness as it became shadowy while it smirked.

That didn't work either! Ash started to grow frustrated. But then his eyes widened, realizing something that could work out. "That's it!" He began to form a smile as something came to mind. He did have an effective move. But he only had to lure Garchomp in, in order to execute it.

"Quick, Leaf Storm!"

"Terraaa!" Torterra roared. The tree on its back glowed bright green as it summoned a large amount of leaves. With a quick motion, the leaves formed a large drilling tornado which quickly swarmed its way towards Garchomp.

Paul looked on, seeing that Ash was using a different approach. However, he had a counter for this aswell. "Use Stone Edge!"

White rings appeared around Garchomp who jumped up high. The rings turned into sharp stones that spun around its body in an X shape. Then, with one motion with its arm, Garchomp sent the stones flying towards the incoming attack immediately.

*BOOM*

The barrage of stones collided with the tornado of leaves not much later, exploding on impact as they did.

"Look at that! Stone Edge and Leaf Storm seem to be evenly matched!"

As both moves were battling it put in the middle, both trainers saw the opening they were waiting for.

"Earthquake!"

"Draco Meteor!"

Torterra lifted its feet from the ground and slammed it against it, causing a gigantic tremor which shook the whole stadium. The trainers and especially the referee had a difficult time to keep their footing while people in the stands had to hold on to their seats.

The ground shook heavily, doing large amounts of damage to Garchomp which was heavily affected by the move. However, being trained in circumstances like this by Paul, the pokemon wasn't willing to give in as it's stomach glowed brightly orange. Jr faced the sky before forming a massive, orange orb and firing it to the sky.

The orb went up high until it couldn't go any higher. Right as it started to float, it exploded, raining down meteors onto the field.

"Quick! Use Frenzy Plant to cover yourself!" Ash shouted, hoping he was in time to counter the move.